12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2014 2:08 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Does this hotel have a concierge lounge?  How can I tell from the website if a hotel has one?  Any tips or pointers on this hotel?  I need to find a place near the Water Tower area, and this seems to be the closest full-service Marriott.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
  • Re: Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

clebert,

Yes this property has a CL. You can find out if the property has a lounge when you are on their page and lick on "Our Hotel" one the next page loads, about half way down the page you will see three tabs. The second tab usually says "services/amenities" and listed there is almost all the info you could want to know. I hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

clebert,

You may want to consider the Renaissance, just South of the Marriott!

The Marriott MM, it is important to make sure you will have a "Nice room"!  There is a "Wide variety" of choices there.  Likewise, it can be a "Very crowded" place!

Good luck, no matter where you decide on staying!  I will share with you, I had one of the best rooms there, I have ever had, a two story suite that I was upgraded to, hope you get as lucky as I was.

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Wow that is an awesome suite. It would be amazing to get upgraded to that!

KS77,

Good luck, I hope it will happen for you!

It was so "Relaxing"!IMG_1130.JPG

A "Picture is really worth a thousand words!

God love my Nancy!

Location Brand Hotel
        Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I stayed at Chicago Magnificent Mile last year and I'm staying at the Renaissance Chicago on Wacker this March.  The Chicago Magnificent Mile has a very convenient location (right on Magnificent Mile and also close to the great River North area); it also has a good fitness center.

They have a Concierge Lounge and it is very family friendly if that is important to you.  You get a good variety of hot items (and a lot of plentiful options with choices that appeal to children/teenagers like pizza).  The Concierge Lounge is pretty big, but it does get busy (it is on the 2nd floor so I imagine they get a few people sneaking in).  Like most Concierge Lounges, it is open for breakfast Mon-Fri and nightly appetizers Sun-Thu.

In terms of the rooms, I got in very late (past midnight) in the summer on a Friday night.  There were not many rooms available.  If you get one of their lesser rooms, they definitely feel cheap and dated compared to the great hotels in Chicago.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

moonstream Gold

Hi. Just checked in and learned this has property because an Autograph Collection 3 weeks ago and the concierge lounge is not completed. However, they have a temporary special concierge room in the main restaurant/lounge. I have a king room and its great - large TV & spacious room. Much more of a boutique hotel feel than typical standard Marriott property.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Just a few blocks south, on E. Hubbard, is Shaw's Crabhouse.  Wonderful upscale and delicious seafood restaurant.  http://www.shawscrabhouse.com/

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Haven't stayed at Marriott on North Michigan, but often stay at Residence Inn on Walton, near John Hancock Building, Drake Hotel, Water Tower, theater, a host of great restaurants, and at the Residence Inn breakfast is free to all, and they offer afternoon snacks/beverages:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chird-residence-inn-chicago-downtown-magnificent-mile/

Regarding concierge rooms, of course, Residence Inn doesn't have them, but most Marriott hotels - except for resort hotels, I believe - have them, but they're not all open on weekends.

I ended up at the JW Marriott which is in the Loop area and not close to the Water Tower area, and I took the L or cabs around, and it worked fine.  JW Marriott was so nice I plan on staying there again this month.  Highly recommend! 

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Thanks for the notes. I may stay here on a future trip. Their rates are reasonable compared to other properties on occasion.

Yes, this place is very luxurious, and prices are quite reasonable when compared with the Trump, Ritz Carlton, Park Hyatt, etc., or even with other less luxurious Marriott offerings.  The concierge lounge was top notch and offered complementary wine and beer, along with great food and excellent service.  There is a nice fitness center and pool in the spa area.  There is also an on-site spa but services there cost extra.  The pool and fitness area doesn't cost extra.  This is a beautifully-appointed hotel with a lovely lobby and gorgeous rooms.  There is an L station just around the corner.  When I checked out, I left my bags to be stored, and when I returned to get them the front desk recognized me and had my bags ready before I had a chance to even ask about them.

clebert,

That is nice to hear about the MM Marriott.  It has really been "Inconsistent" in the past, but maybe they have gone to a "New Level" of performance.

Thank-you for sharing!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...