2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2014 10:05 AM by pingreeman RSS

Loyalty Lessons Learned, from another Study

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well there seems to be no end in sight for reviews of the cost/benefits of loyalty programs.  Here's another one on the value of these programs to the provider.  Worth a read I think.

But then again, maybe not

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Loyalty Lessons Learned, from another Study
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

this is a good article. The trade of course is frequency vs dollars. Most hotels in Las Vegas  look at dollars spent and give most rewards to those customers. Think a couple of years ago Southwest would give you a free ticket is you did 8 R/T from PHX to LAX but you could use to go to Boston . Now its fares. I bet by the end of year all big airlines will go the same route. So do we expect hotels to go the same path. For ex would Marriott rather have a person staying in NYC at full Marriott for 300-400 per night for 50 nights or someone staying at Fairfield in Podunk for $ 75 for 75 nights. should they get generally the same rewards. Also as I have said in other posts it depends on what people value. To me airlines I have two goals get on early( most now you can do with credit cards) and two getting upgraded which is getting more difficult. With hotels I do like the concierge . So I expect as algorithms get better hotels will chase revenue and will reward those that spend the most the best stuff

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Loyalty Lessons Learned, from another Study
      pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Here's hoping Marriott continues to track paid nights rather than refocus solely on revenues as part of their loyalty tiers: I may have a client in Podunk and have a choice of hotels - all well under the NYC hotel rates. Choosing a Marriott in Podunk versus Hilton, Starwood, etc. shows my loyalty to Marriott despite not spending hundreds more like the NYC traveler.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...