4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 3:27 AM by john_thai RSS

How your boss can keep you on a leash.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Opinion: How your boss can keep you on a leash - CNN.com

Is this coming to the workplace?  What about other places?

Message was edited by: communitymanager

Message was edited by: communitymanager

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How your boss can keep you on a leash.
    john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Not if you're a man about it. :-) Years ago my boss tried to get me to carry a company owned Blackberry. I told him that I already carry my personal cell phone when I travel. Plus I carried a non-US cell phone so I could get a local SIM and number in any country they sent me. I was not about to carry a 3rd phone. He told me I had to and handed me the phone. I smiled and put it in my desk and left it there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

John,

Good for you!

If I did not have to have a cell phone, it would be gone.

Cannot wait for the soon day when I get rid of this cell phone!

Thanks for your post!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Sounds like to me your boss is a pretty good guy if that's the end of the story.  Either that or he doesn't know how to stand up to resistance.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I don't think he ever knew. He was told there was a policy. He told us to follow it. Then he went back to his real work.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...