4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2014 7:12 PM by tagsmother RSS

Crisis management at Birmingham Marriott, Alabama.

strpyw Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was a guest at the Birmingham Marriott, Alabama from Jan 25th, 2014.On Jan 28th, I was going to check out to return to California.

At noon time when I came to the front desk , I saw a rapidly growing line and local residents talked about staying. Outside I saw the perfect storm of the American Southeast developing right in front of my eyes.Manager Eve W. told me not to leave yet, advised me to call the airline , then I found out all flights out of Birmingham were canceled.Manager  Eve allowed me to extend my stay since I had not checked out yet. The next 48 hours I witnessed a total paralyzed city, and thousands of cars stranded and choked the road.Same number of people looking for refuge. Birmingham Marriott sheltered all comers , and even food was provided for free. This is the kind of Marriott Hospitality that I read in Mr. Bill Marriott's book placed in the hotel drawer.

This experience made me a believer in Marriott forever.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
  • Re: Crisis management at Birmingham Marriott, Alabama.
    ansaa Member

Thank you for sharing this with the Insiders community, strpyw. Sometimes during times of crisis is when you see people’s true colors. Way to go to the management team in Birmingham! We will make sure to pass along your kind words to the hotel. If you would like, you can nominate the employees for the Spirit to Serve award at: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/community/spirit-to-serve. Glad to know you are safe!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

strpyw Platinum 1 Reviews

yes i would like to nominate Eve W., but the instructions above lead to same discussion lead I used.

ansaa Member

Hello strpyw,

Yes, we do see that the nomination has been submitted. Thank you again for the kind words!

tagsmother Silver 2 Reviews

Birmingham as a whole is a city -- or rather a town -- known for its Southern Hospitality and I would anticipate no less from a Marriott.    Beautiful facility.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...