This discussion is locked
39 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2014 4:09 PM by NathalieF RSS

Marriott's Surprise Party Nomination

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Okay Insiders, I just saw the announcement by the NathalieF for the surprise party offer.  I submitted a nomination for a surprise party at BWI for returning US servicemen and women who are coming home from SW Asia.  I won't bore you with the details of my submission, but suffice it to say that there is no one more deserving of our thanks and celebration of their sacrifices that those heroes, many who are returning from multiple tours.  If you agree with this nomination, may I ask that you pass on your support to the NathalieF.  Thanks for supporting our troops and their families.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott's Surprise Party Nomination
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What an excellent nomination nuhusker, I think your nomination needs to be the ONLY nomination.  Close the books on this NathalieF as it cannot be topped.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Great idea nuhusker and I agree with IAHFLYR. I was going to nominate NathalieF for the surprise party (wow, wouldn't that be a surprise!) because of his excellent work in managing the Insiders forum. That was a slam dunk winner for sure, so I'll just donate that party to the well deserved veterans who sacrifice their all so we can yap about late checkouts and room upgrades.

If it works out that way, it's a great story for Marriott, Andy;  hotel's number one loyalty program members deciding that the most loyal among us are the most deserving. Put that cutting edge marketing team to work and come up with a win/win outcome for everyone involved.

Way to use the ol' bean nuhusker - great work.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Agree with and support your nomination of NathalieF.  God bless the troops and their families!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Very well done, nuhusker!  I agree with IAHFLYR, that yours is the only one that needs to be considered.

b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews

You guys are on the money today!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

nuhusker, you absolutely have my vote!  Note to:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/people/communitymanager#

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nu, and the others,

You have my vote as well!

Can't think of anyone more deserving than these fine folks!

I think having these parties at other airports is a great idea.  I only mentioned BWI in my nomination because that's where the vast majority of servicemen and women returning from Afganistan come in.  But I'm up for a party anywhere! 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Amen and thanks for suggesting these great Americans for a party.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

What an outstanding idea, nuhusker!  This brought tears to my eyes.  Can't think of any individuals who need to be "celebrated" more!  Thank you.

If Marriott was to decide pick the excellent idea from nuhusker I for one would fly to where ever and greet these INCREDIBLE TROOPS who have sacrificed so much for us all. 

To add to the concept should this awesome idea win, we could all donate some reward points and hold a raffle for them, just hand out a raffle card to each of them when they exit the airplane where the winners would get a free weekend stay or a few days longer at a Marriott Resorts/Hotel near the city they reside.  Maybe Marriott would even toss in a few freebies as well to enhance the pot and make it an over the top experience for our wonderful TROOPS in a show of appreciation for their service.

Come on NathalieF, The specified item was not found., merb and ansaa..................make it happen! 

IAHFLYR,

Yes, Count me in as well!

I know of no individual who wants or needs a "Surprise party"!

Could I suggest another "Party Cause"?  How about "Kids with Cancer"?

Lastly, for the third "Party", I would suggest Marriott do something for "Re-hab" survivors of Heroin OD!  This actor Hoffman, and his situation is all too common in America!

All great thoughts Jerry.  This should be done much more often.

IAHFLYR,

One more nominee!

How about Marriott hosting an "Open House" for MRI "Worldwide" in WDC?

Everyone pays their own way to attend a "Cocktail Party" to visit staff and other MRI at The Nations Capital?

You could have it at The JW in WDC.  Everyone pays for their transportation and room, but Marriott picks up the tab for the "Get together".  This would be an annual event, that would be the "Super Bowl for MRI"

Marriott could introduce plans, rewards to their best customers.

Just a thought!

Keep dreaming as it doesn't cost anything Jerry.   I love the idea, but if we can't get Marriott to provide us long time loyalists even with a tiny imprint on our reward cards that show how long we've been in the rewards program, I'm afraid the "medicine" party would be a cash bar!

IAHFLYR,

You may have a point!

I  guess I will have to make it "Official" and go to the "Nomination site"!

Could be fun!

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Love this idea!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Incredible enthusiasm everyone - love it. And an heartfelt thank you to all of our men and women of service - you are our true heroes and heroines!

Official nominations are being collected at yearofsurprises.com/nominate through February 28, 2014 (learn more and view two other nomination periods)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm late to this party idea but this is a great one husker!

Thanks, tef.  Let's hope that Marriott sees the advantage in this both to itself and those being honored with such a party.  Hoping to see you there!

erc Platinum

After NathalieF posted his reminder about the Year of Surprises contest, I actually made the effort to click on the Official Rules link (novel idea, hunh?),  Year of Surprises - Official Rules   Holy cow, you would think we're applying for a State Dept. job. A big tip of the cap to nuhusker for his dedicated efforts in attempting to win a much deserved party for our veterans.

Winners will be determined by weighted values;

• 40% - Creativity/uniqueness of Entry; - nu should score high for his unselfish 'unique' idea
    • 40% - Overall appeal of Nomination Essay; without a doubt, nu wins here, hands down
    • 20% - Feasibility of surprise party nu should score high - we often welcome vets at Dulles

Best wishes nu, you and your nomination are winners in our book!

Yes ERC, it deserves to be picked!  Other rules say that it must be mutually agreed to by the sponsor and the person/persons being nominated, and at the sole discretion of the sponsor all can be changed/reinvented/discarded etc.

erc Platinum

Yep, the ol' Marriott way; it is, unless it isn't - Go man, go.

I understand the IRS form writers helped with the contest rules.

erc Platinum

Those that got cut from the ACA team

Spanish version

erc Platinum

They came at a rate Marriott couldn't resist. But I digress, back to NUHUSKER's nomination for United States Veterans to win a Marriott Surprise Party. Hoorah

erc,

Well done!

That is an impressive post, and shows why NU is "Right on"!

Depending on if/when this event would happen.  I would join IAHFLYR,, (And anyone else, at my own expense), just to sit in the back of the room to watch the "Festivities"!

Watch the "Festivities" and personally thank every last one for their incredible sacrifice and service. 

erc Platinum

Let's go Insiders! I'm fired up, you fired up?!  This would be a perfect spot for  Animal House's soon to be Senator Blutarsky's Big Speech (he was on a roll), but it has too many curse words for this forum, so instead, I'll just plead, come on Andy Throw me a frickin' bone here! - YouTube

erc,

You just scared the b'jibbers out of "Lady Coin", when she heard this You tube".  We are "Not of this world" and she has no idea about Mike Meyers and U-Tube.

Actually it is so funny, because I watch this crazy stuff!

Must agree with you!  I am "Onboard"?

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

I have to say I would do everything I could to attend this party!

Ahh yes, Bluto's speech.....LOL  Scores

I'm fired up, you fired up?

Wasn't Bluto actually Vice President after he was elected as a Senator? The last couple scenes showed them all (on DVD) after Faaber College (actually filmed at U of Oregon in Eugene)

erc Platinum

Tim Matheson (who, interestingly enough - at least to me, was the star of the first training film I ever saw as a Marriott employee) who played Otter went on to be a VP in West Wing.

Training films--that brings back unpleasant memories from Infantry School.

The NUHUSKER nomination should be the ONLY nomination under consideration.  I'll be there to attend the Surprise Party for sure.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'm closing this thread and linking to the follow up conversation

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...