4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2014 9:05 AM by iahflyr RSS

Honeymoon

jamescanuck2001 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

en
Hi this is my first post.  Glad to be part of a knowledgeable travel community.

Will be going to France in August for honeymoon.  Using points.  Current plan is 5 nights Paris at the Parc Trocadero, then TGV to Nice, 1 night at Marriott Cannes, pick up car, 5 nights at the new Renaissance Aix-en-Provence, using the car to explore Provence, then to Nice for the plane home.

My main reason for posting is I am uncertain if Trocadero is the right choice.  Is the Marriott Champs Elysees the better choice for a honeymoon?  Concerned about the recent reviews on tripadvisor, multiple mentions that some of the rooms are tired with stained carpet?  Trocadero seems to have larger rooms in general, although some have only a small window looking out to interior courtyard?  We do want to be centrally located and able to walk to many of the tourist venues.

Really want the honeymoon to be special (of course!) and want to minimize risk of being disappointed with the room or the hotel.

Any advice would be appreciated, both on the Paris hotel choice and the overall plan.

Thanks!

Dale

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
  • Re: Honeymoon
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

jamescanuck2001,

Welcome to MRI!  You may find the below thread helpful as you explore Paris and the Marriott properties located there.

Re: Help us choose our Paris hotel!

Enjoy your trip planning.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jamescanuck2001,

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend your "Honeymoon"!  Congratulations, and welcome to MRI!

The C-E, is the way to go in Paris.  I don't know about negative comments on this wonderful place, I have never experienced any!  The location, dining and rooms, are wonderful.

Make sure you communicate with the Concierge where ever you decide to go, and let them know your situation!  Make a few friends prior to your arrival.  You also may want to make arrangements to be picked up at the airport, and brought directly to the hotel.

If you need any "Detailed help", let us know at MRI, and we will attend to any of your questions.

I just hope you have a fantastic time!

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

James,

Have you made more plans yet?

Have more ideas for you if you are interested!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

jamescanuck2001,

Congratulations on your wedding and upcoming honeymoon, what a wonderful time in your life and you've come to the right spot for excellent information, some of which you've already seen thanks to Mr. Coin.  There are so many others who have intimate knowledge of France that will certainly chime in and offer some ideas.

Welcome to MI and keep us all posted of your plans, and don't be a stranger!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...