5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2008 1:55 AM by jtl9729 RSS

Loving Phuket

chillaxin Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Phuket has grown quite a bit since I first visited in 1989.  No longer a quite little village with pristine beaches but a vibrant travel destination that will never let you forget you are in Thailand.  The beach is awesome, but take time to go explore the city and back streets.  Have a shirt, suit or new dress made just for you.  It is fun and still inexpensive.  Last but not least, get a Thai massage every day - yes every day.  There is nothing better weather on the beach or in one of the local massage shops.  For many who have never been it can be a bit scary but go with the flow and enjoy.  You will be chillaxin in no time! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Loving Phuket
    lv2travel Silver
    Don't get me started ! we spend 6 nights only at our Villa. No we are not crazy but we had a wedding to attend. Like you say a massage every day!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

2travelers Platinum
    Just bk from Thailand & Marriott Beach Club villa, fabulous location & massages on beach for $6 half hour, can't be beat....

bigmanrush Platinum 1 Reviews
    I was told that the JW in Phuket is not very close to the actual city.  Would it be better to stay elsewhere to see the sights?  I don't want to just be on the beach the whole time and miss the rest(local eateries, culture, etc)  How hard/expensive is it to get to the city or tourist sights around that area if you stay at the JW?

lesliepamel Platinum
    It's about a 15 minute taxi ride to downtown.Relatively cheap fare.Cabs are available at the hotel. We always used the same cab, thr driver took us to his house and intoduced us to his family-never had that from a cab driver anywhere in the world.The cab will often wait for your return with no stand-by charge.

jtl9729 Member
    The resort is about an hour from the city.  The resort is pretty self contained with many restaurants and activities.  You can spend 3-4 days without getting bored there.  The hotel has a shuttle into the city.  There are local drivers who know to meet it and will take you around the rest of the city for very little.  We were there 2 years ago and were charged $2 US for 4 hours of being driven around and waited on while we shopped.  It does take some time to get to the city and back but the resort is worth it.  I've stayed at Mariotts best places around the US and abroad and this was the best service and place I have ever been too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...