1 2 3 8 Previous Next 113 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2016 9:36 PM by 20yrplat RSS

New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?

canada Gold
Currently Being Moderated

As a Platinum member I am all too frustrated in NOT receiving
the best room available when I check in. I know I am not alone

I think it's time Marriott included some "select" suites as part of the upgrade benefit.

I would also like to see breakfast vouchers given at all properties when the C Lounge is closed  (weekends) and where properties have no lounge.  Speaking of breakfast, CourtYard should be offering Platinums breakfast period.

Anyone have any suggestions or want to chime in?

• 1. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    trbltd Platinum 2 Reviews
    I agree with the suggestion of providing upgrades to suites.  I achieved my Platinum status exclusively by staying in one and two-bedroom suites.  An "upgrade" to a regular room is of no value to me whatsoever.  Why shouldn't the upgrade reward be consistent with the type of rooms that earned that status?  Addtionally, while the program is very good in awarding points based on the amount spent, unlike Intercontinental, why do I not receive two nights stay credit toward elite status when I pay $500 for two adjoining rooms or a two-room suite  instead of the same elite credit as if I stayed in a singl small Holiday Inn room?  Perhaps others will have suggestions on how a good program could be made even better to reward the guests who generate the most income for Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You are right on!

I get upset with the WI-Fi costs for Platinum members, when next door you have a Motel Six with "Free Wi-Fi"!

Why not give Platinum members a break! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 3. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    lawago Platinum

As a Platinum Elite for a few years, I recently received my first upgrade.  I had requested a two room suite and was told it would cost $100. extra for the night, however after speaking with the manager about a couple of other questions, he waived the extra charge.  This was at the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale, a nice hotel across from the Cruise Ship Terminal.

It would certainly be nice if an upgrade was actually offered to Platinums but I find no difference in the treatment I receive now as compared to when I was silver or gold other than a bottle of water and a snack at check-in. 

I normally choose Courtyard to avoid the $10. charge for internet.   I think if internet was provided to Platinum Elites, it would increase the numbers at full service Marriott hotels, but maybe that's the idea, to boost Courtyard numbers.

• 4. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    rbtpat Platinum

Speaking for myself, a room upgrade doesn't make my visit any better because I'm in the room very little. What does make a difference to me is receiving breakfast when the CL is closed. It seems to be hit or miss depending on where I stay and that should not be the case. Come on Marriott, pop for some juice and toast.

I just returned from a European trip with stays at the Grosvenor House in London and the Frankfurt Marriott. The CL's are open on weekends and the cocktails are no charge. They just seem to provide a better service in Europe than in the US.

By the way, the women servicing the CL at the Grosvenor House are top notch and made the stay for my wife and I a total pleasure.

• 5. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    king563 Platinum

I totally agree they should not be so resistant in taking care of their loyal clients.  When traveling to Asia we are never charged for alcohol in the lounges.  In the entire U.S they charge, we just traveled to New York Marriott Marquis and it was the same.   Disappointing.

• 6. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    live2travel Platinum
    Totally agree. If no C-lounge access, breakfast should be comped. Plus, how about not having to specifically request your check-in gift?

• 7. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    ohroadwarrior Platinum
    Very true..the Courtyard breakfast would be a nice add on

• 8. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    biggienyc Platinum
    Agree on all counts. If no CL comp bfast as a policy.  Check-in plat gift at CY's are ridiculous, esp at full service CY's! wth :/

• 9. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    msptraveler Platinum

I agree completely.  It seems more and more frequent that I am hardly ever upgraded anymore. 

As for not getting breakfast at Co 

• 10. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    traveltheworld Platinum

Upgrade?  If they don't downgrade you, you are upgraded, I wonder if front desk aware of it and/or the management just DON'T CARE !!

• 11. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    mediaguy Platinum
    I agree fully.  Was just on a trip to Boston for a special event, called a month in advance to request a special room.  When I checked in not only was the room a twin but is was not fully cleaned.  They need to treat the Platinum members better or someone else will.

• 12. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    justus1900 Platinum
    I agree it all most always seems that the Hotels act like they are doing you a favor when you ask for an upgrade. IM sure I never get the best room available in the Hotel, Well one exception, The Marriott Burr Ridge, IL. Upgraded my wife and I to the Presidential Suite on every visit when I was a Platinum Member IM not sure what upgrade I would get as a Gold member, but IM tired of having to ask for the upgrade, not being given the best room possible and having the Front Desk person act like they are doing me a huge favor when giving me a Reward I have already earned.

• 13. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree with all of the above.  We have been plat. for some time and I can count on one hand the number of upgrades we have received  sometimes we do not even receive a room with a pleasant view.  I always request an upgrade but it seems an upgrade to a suite is out of the question; even on weekends when the hotels has few patrons we don't receive an upgrade.  I always ask if breakfast can be included when the lounge is closed and very seldom are we compensated in this manner. 

I sometimes wonder if its worth it to maintain this membership, but we do like the consistency in the Marriotts quality in spite of the above mentioned problems.  Etta

I do enjoy the plat. gift, but I'm disappointed when we have to request same or if the fruit gift is an apple and a banana.

• 14. Re: New Platinum Elite Benefits SUGGESTIONS?
    dctravlr Gold
    I'm lucky if I even get a room on the concierge floor. I don't think I've ever been upgraded to a suite.  

1 2 3 8 Previous Next