2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 11:24 AM by fschumpert RSS

Vegas - Marriott, Ren or JW?

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will be visiting LV soon for a business conference.  I'm adding a couple of personal days but I'm not a big gambler.  Two days of company events on the Strip will be sufficient.

For off the Strip do you prefer the Marriott or Renaissance?  Is the JW worth the resort fee and breakfast charge which I wouldn't occur at the other properties?

Basically I want someplace to relax, see some of Vegas beyond the Strip, maybe see Red Rock or otherwise explore the desert. (Oh yeah and as non smoking as you can get in Vegas... Understand that is hard even at "non smoking" properties)

Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Las Vegas Marriott
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
  • Re: Vegas - Marriott, Ren or JW?
    ansaa Member

Hi Segments, this sounds like it will be a good mix of business and pleasure. I was actually recently in Vegas as well, 2 days on the strip was plenty for me as well! I’ve stayed at a number of properties in Vegas and each are better depending on what you are looking for. Here is another thread that helps give a better insight to the JW property and an Insider’s experience: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/88178#88178 . Hopefully this helps make your decision a little easier!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Vegas - Marriott, Ren or JW?
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

It's been a while since I last visited Las Vegas, but I remember that the hotel buffets are especially good and quite cheap - they don't want you spending all your money on food! I'm sure you're aware that Hoover Dam is not too far from the city. If you've never visited this, you might rent a car and take a day trip. Probably shouldn't  try  to copy Harrison Ford's feat of jumping (Fugitive movie)!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...