7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 3:43 PM by Segments RSS

Vegas - Marriott, Ren or JW?

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will be visiting LV soon for a business conference.  I'm adding a couple of personal days but I'm not a big gambler.  Two days of company events on the Strip will be sufficient.

For off the Strip do you prefer the Marriott or Renaissance?   Is the JW worth the resort fee and breakfast charge which I wouldn't occur at the other properties?  

Basically I want someplace to relax, see some of Vegas beyond the Strip, maybe see Red Rock or otherwise explore the desert. (Oh yeah and as non smoking as you can get in Vegas... Understand that is hard even at "non smoking" properties)

Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Las Vegas Marriott
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
  • Re: Vegas - Marriott, Ren or JW?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Allyson.

I have stayed at the Renaissance several times and would recommend it highly.  However, be aware that it is adjacent to  a convention center and is always busy.  I most like it because it has a great steakhouse and it is a non-gaming facility. 

I am not familiar with the other 2 properties, but have heard good things about both.  The Marriott is just off the strip and the JW is miles away.  Whichever you choose, enjoy.

Shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I was pleasantly surprised by the Renaissance - it's a very different way to experience (or survive) Vegas.

More here: Away from the noise and the smoke and the gambling....

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have stayed there as well, getting a beautiful suite each time I did, thank you Renn, and loved the intimacy of the place!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

same here.  I have stayed at the Renaissance several times, upgraded more often than not.  The only downside is that ANY excursion to the strip entails a taxi.  By the way, the steakhouse in the hotel is very good!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Based on what you are looking for, the Renaissance is a very good choice.  Nice and contemporary rooms with welcome message on the TV like hotels on The Strip.  The Renaissance also has much better room rates than The Cosmopolitan (I like The Cosmopolitan too).  If the Renaissance was on The Strip, it would probably be my go-to hotel for a Las Vegas trip.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I'll be staying at the JW Marriott Resort in mid March which is probably after your visit.  I really like the Cosmopolitan on the strip but prefer to stay there on nights when the night club is closed as lots of travelers have complained about the noise from the club which is open till 4am.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks everyone.  Great inputs.   My typical go to brands are Renn or Autograph Collection so it sounds like the Renn is a great choice in LV.

Any thoughts on the Marriott Suites near the convention center?  Any advantages to Renn vs Marriott Suites?  Obviously Renn has the C-Lounge, but stays at other Marriott Suites have had great breakfast provided to Platinum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...