3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 3:24 PM by b.g.dixon RSS

Arrival Gift experation

bgold Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello there

I just looked at my 12 months statement on the Marriott reward page and as I always take points ( never liked the food option )

I see most hotels gave me the 250 or 500 points but some didn't

1. can I get that still after 12 month and if yes, how?

2. can I proof that they forgot and therefore should be given the 100$ guaranty

thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Arrival Gift experation
    erc Platinum

1) I have had good luck calling Guest Services 1 800 321 7396 and going back several months and having the check in points bonus added - like you say, it's quite obvious by the trend, that we're points not $10 F & B (R.I.P. wine and cheese) players. I would give them a call (not open on weekend), it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

2) Now, for the guarantee - that might hurt to ask . Theoretically we are supposed to ask for it before check out, which of course makes little sense, because then we are essentially arguing (and often it does become an argument - thus the pain) that they didn't ask (not that they didn't grant points, because of course they can always with a flick of the wrist, add the points). We've had some successful Insiders secure the $100, but I think it would be an even harder task being so long ago. If it was me, I would invest the efforts on #1 above, getting the points and on finding great rates toward my next stay.

Either way, good luck, welcome to Insiders, and let us know the outcome, it will be useful info going forward.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Bgold

good advice from erc.  I would add that my experience in this matter tells me that the odds of you accomplishing your goal of collecting the $100 guarantee is enhanced greatly if you have a long-standing relationship with the offending property and you can personally bring it to the gm's attention.  Otherwise, I would follow erc's suggestion of getting on the hotline and hopefully getting a helpful party on the other line to review past stays.

good luck.  let us now how this works out for you.

b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews

Hi bgold,

The arrival gift or points are always offered upon checking in.....I have never not gotten my points going in.  I look forward to getting them.

I almost forgot, a couple of years ago, a property forgot to give me an additonal  2,000 points for not delivering my breakfast on time.   I notice after a few days the points were not added to  my account; I call the front desk of the hotel and mentioned the name of the person who was offering those points and they honored them immediately.  My advise is to try everything you can to get those points, even though, it's a year old.  Like the lottery commercial:  "You won't win if you don't play!"  Good luck and let us know what happen.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...