5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 4:12 PM by travelingchas113 RSS

JW Marriott Chicago

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Any tips for getting a good room at the JW Marriott in Chicago?  I have heard there are some interior rooms without any windows!?!  Is that true?  Is there a better option nearby? The other hotel nearby is the Palmer House which I really love, but it's a Hilton,and I'd prefer Marriott because of the gold elite perks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Chicago
  • Re: JW Marriott Chicago
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We've stayed at the Chicago Boutique Hotel: Experience A Luxury Hotel in Chicago At Renaissance a few times and always found it to be awesome.  It's in a great location withing walking distance to many things in Chicago and the rooms are fresh, clean, updated and a very friendly staff.

Take a look at some of the reviews:

Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

I did a staycation there a couple of weeks back.  Very nice hotel.  If you like hot tubs and pools, this one has a great option.  You get access to the pool and hot tub that is owned by the onsite spa.  I was upgraded at check in to a nice room with a view of downtown as well as lounge access - all because I have Platinum status.

The Palmer House is as old as Chicago, I am sure it's been updated, but I think it's just kind of blah, blah....

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I thought about staying here, but it is in a business area. I am looking forward to staying at the Renaissance on wacker.

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

Yeah, the JW in Chicago caters almost exclusively to business travelers.    Rates get pretty reasonable on the weekends, but there are plenty of other Marriott options that are better located for fun on the weekends.  Another JW Marriott is going in from the ground up near McCormick Place/Soldier Field - will be a while before that one opens though.

The Ren on Wacker was just bought from the bank by a NY investment firm.  $15 million in renovations coming shortly.

Across the street is theWit hotel.  If you get time, go to the rooftop bar early evening for a drink.  Great vibe up there year round (they have heaters in the winter).. 

travelingchas113 Platinum 6 Reviews

I have stayed at this location several times and always enjoyed it.  Each room I stayed in always had a window, so you should be able to arrange that detail at checkin.  The fitness center of this hotel is a full gym connected to a spa. It's worth a visit, so be sure to allocate some time. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...