6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2014 12:21 PM by iahflyr RSS

Love Football and Hate Freezing Temperatures?

patrish Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Cancun will be 82 and Sunny this weekend and the prediction is also same for next week.  Champions Sports Bar at the Casa Magna hosts a fabulous Super Bowl Party with a minimal cover charge which includes a Tee Shirt with your favorite teams logo and a Corona or other refreshment to get you started.  I've attended many times and this is the kind of crowd that you never really meet a stranger.  Champions will be serving food off their regular menu which includes Sliders, Wings, and plenty of other appetizers.  Champions gets the US feed of the Super Bowl complete with all the great TV ads that you're used to seeing at home.  I believe there are still rooms available at very reasonable prices and for those of you who prefer the JW, well it's just next door and connects to the Casa Magna.  You may need a reservation for Champions but I've also been able to get in without a prior reservation.  Come on with us and thaw out in sunny Cancun!  Only $500 on a straight thru to Cancun from Cinti on Delta.  Three hours or less to paradise.  Any takers? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cancun, Mexico
  • Re: Love Football and Hate Freezing Temperatures?
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Sounds like a great deal.  Enjoy yourself and the Game.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'd love to join you however; have quite a few upcoming ventures and I don't think the wife wants to head off this weekend and Cancun has lost it's luster for us over the last few years.  Even with the lovely JW next door and having great memories at Champions (like waaaaaay to many drinks night before an early morning flight and karaoke ) I'll have to wish you well on your journey. 

Lost it's luster?  I'm sorry about that because I really haven't found a better beach (the beach is back after the 3rd time of dredging sand after Emily, Wilma, and hurricane Dean) anywhere.  I love the waves and the long walks/runs on the beach, the massive hot tub at the Casa Magna and the snorkeling tour.  The town really rallied after Wilma to update and redo a lot of stuff.  Do you know that the ocean surge got to the 3rd floor of the hotel?  When things were finally fixed our government and media frightened everyone to death about the H1N1 virus and told people not to go even though the Yucatan didn't have any cases of flu.  I see the same people working all the time.  A few new people here and there but these are the people who hung in there and worked in other capacities to bring those hotels back.  The people who work there seem to really like their jobs and happy employees make for happy vacationers, at least for me.  Sorry for the soap box speech.  I don't know if it's like an "old shoe" but it's a beautiful "old shoe".  If anyone is at the Casa Magna right now please tell the bell men that I'm coming with the cookies.  Counting down the days and it won't be long till I have my toes in the warm sand and a drink in my hand.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yep, lost it.  Maybe it's because we've been there so many times over the years and yes the beach is beautiful when it it back and yes the JW and Casa Magna are lovely spots however; there other places we have discovered in the Caribbean and Hawaii that are much more beautiful than Cancun even with a flight longer than the 1+45 trips from Houston.  The storms have certainly ravaged the Yucatan and they did show us last time how high the surge was, but the media didn't scare away it is more the fact of traveling to different spots that have been more to our liking. 

Have a great time and safe trip, be sure to fill us in on your adventures.

Okay but so far I still love it and there's something good about being recognized as a frequent guest.  The Casa Magna is like going to see family but they wait on me hand and foot.  We've been going for 20 years usually more than 4 times a year but for just 4 night trips.  I just have to decompress now and then.  If you're still out there maybe you can enlighten me on those great places in the Caribbean.  If I'm going to be in an airplane longer than 7 hours then I'd rather go to Europe.  I'm having fun learning and exploring there.  I just flat out love to travel. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...