3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 11:10 PM by anadyr RSS

Fave films and why

paulaw Member
Currently Being Moderated

I thought I'd kick off a bit of banter about what we all like and why.  I have a few favourites but will kick off with 'A Guide to Recognising Your Saints' as to me it really does a great job of capturing the spirit of the old NYC and the feel of the place back then.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fave films and why
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I love the old B and Ws like Citizen Kane, which has been voted as one of the or the best film ever made. I know Casablanca fans will disagree as do those who love the Godfather, but for me Welles' use of pioneering camera technique, imagery to tell a story, and of course the back story from the Hearst Empire make it one of my all time best of the best.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

paulaw Member

Set in Brazil - 'City of God'.

And I now intend to watch Citizen Kane again - thanks @anadyr.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Check out the Dining Room scene, deftly illustrating the deterioration of the Kane marriage with almost no dialog-brilliantly done.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...