18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 1:16 PM by rodrigst RSS

Posting of Night's Stays

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is something happening with the posting of nights?

I've had to submit two bills out of my last three stays because my nights/points didn't post. Is anyone else having a similar experience?

Best,

Stephen

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Posting of Night's Stays
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I had the same experience and rate (2/3)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ansaa Member

Good question, rodrigst. Let me do some research and I’ll get back to you with any insights I find!

impresario07 Platinum 4 Reviews

Ditto. I have had two stays ending last friday (1/24) and Sunday (1/26) and I haven't seen any posting of nights or points yet. I have a coworker who is on the same schedule and he is having the same experience.

erc Platinum

Same here. I had a great stay 1/23-1/25 and had to call to get the e-folio bill. Here's a tip I have found invaluable, rather than calling Rewards, call the Platinum (all three above are Plats) Guest Services number 1 800 321 7396.

Those folks are terrific and in the three or four cases where I needed posting, they handled it for me, right there on the phone and I didn't have to mess with faxing copies etc.  Good luck

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

In that area, they've always been great for me, too.  I've only gotten a few who weren't helpful at all when calling the plat. number.  I'm not sure that it's not always the same older woman.

erc Platinum

"Is that eb"?  Give me the phone   

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

You're so funny and quick-witted. 

If it's not the same one that has given me a hard time 3 or 4 times, then there are 3 or 4 older women who all act the same.

I've already submitted the bills through the web form. But this occurrence is definitely strange as I've had only 1 other in the last 3 years, but to get two not posting out of three in less than 2 weeks is very strange.

If I don't see them post I'll certainly give a call!

Thanks

dt1 Platinum

I have had to submit the first five stays this year and it looks like I will be submitting a few more soon.  Of those submitted, only two have been added.

So what's the deal - anyone from Marriott want to chime in?

Definitely something going on with this many instances...

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Good post.  I had to call in a stay I had in December at SF Marriott Maquis and my recent Renaissance Nashville stay hasn't posted yet (and it has been over 2 weeks) so I'm going have to send that one in as well.

And my Cosmopolitan nights took 9 days to post.

jamess Platinum

I've had to chase my points for every stay since the middle of December (normally stay in Marriott Copenhagen for a few nights every week). I submitted a missing stay request through web-site for my December stays but heard nothing, not even an automated acknowledgement. I then reported the missing stays to guest services at Marriott Copenhagen who said they'd look into it. A few days later my December stays appeared. I have no idea whether it was the Marriott Copenhagen or the web-site request that was successful.

I'm getting really frustrated at having to do this each time so a response from Marriott would be appreciated - the current radio silence is very poor.

I just had one of my stays posted, but they didn't include the platinum bonus, so I am waiting again. Another request has not been posted, but hopefully it will shortly.

It really sounds like something is up with the system of posting stays/points, hopefully it gets figured out shortly.

Phillygerl Gold

I had this issue for my stay Feb 1, 2014 and this was my email response...

------------------------------------------

I appears your stay for February 1-2, 2014, was posted incorrectly by our system on February 5, 2014.  Our technical analysts have advised us that once our system has incorrectly posted a redemption stay we are unable to modify the posting in order to add missing Elite night credit. 

At this time I have added a note in your account describing the fact that you would have earned one Elite night for the eligible paid rooms during your stay.  Please be assured that the correct number of points have been posted for the stay.

------------------------------------------

Clearly this is a wide spread situation...i think my '1' lil credit needs to be manually applied instead of just noted!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

I am still waiting for two stays from last week to post (2/5 and 2/7 check out dates). 

erc Platinum

I've had interaction with four full service properties so far this year;

one didn't send my e-folio invoice (resolved w/call to property)

one didn't post my points (resolved w/call to customer service)

two sent and responded to virtual concierge (one split my one resv. w/two rooms into two reservations)

one did not send virtual concierge upcoming resv. notice (called property, "sometimes we do, sometimes we don't")

Anyone who used to complain about 'cookie cutter' standardization has gotten their wish; nowadays, it's often property by property (which isn't necessarily bad, but is more effort intensive of the customer).

Here's another note: as we see more and more 1,2,and 3 day cancellation policies; it's a good reminder to everyone that Marriott considers the day to end at 6:00pm hotel time (not midnight). Now granted, a call to Platinum services will in most cases have the post 6pm cancellation charge removed, but to avoid the risk, and the headache, it's best to cancel before 6pm.

impresario07 Platinum 4 Reviews

Update: Monday (2/10), I had my stay from 1/20-1/24 posted. It looks to just be backlogged quite a bit. I hope everyone else is having luck with their stays getting posted.

Well - I had two stays this weekend - one in Hartford, CT, and the other in NYC. The hartford stay posted this morning, I'll check back tomorrow to see if the NY night posted as well.

Maybe they are slowly getting through a backlog and are caught up?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...