5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 2:48 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

CONCIERGE LOUNGE

skier1960 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anybody know what the Marriott rule is in case you are staying in a resort that does not have the Concierge lounge. As a Platinum level member, do you get free breakfast?

AG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: CONCIERGE LOUNGE
    engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

My experience at hotels is they give me breakfast vouchers for two on weekends or if they don't have a lounge.  At resorts, however, it's been a mixed bag, some have and some have not. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bgold Platinum

as far as I know, they are no complementary breakfast at a resort and as far as I remember most/all resorts do not have a concierge lounge ( I think I saw once that it had to do with the fact that it is not for business)

dancer Platinum 4 Reviews

Our experience is consistent with the way the policy is written - resort locations do not have a CL nor do they provide a complimentary breakfast to Gold/Platinum. You may want to check with the location to get the final answer as to whether they call themselves a resort. Also, you can check the Marriott CL  forum on FlyerTalk for latest customer-provided info on CLs and their policies.

The one exception recently in our experience was Marriott Pompano  Beach/Ft. Lauderdale which does give Gold/Platinums a buffet breakfast in their restaurant.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I have not stayed at any Marriott brand resorts, but most Marriott/Renaissance/JW Marriott hotels I've stayed at had Concierge Lounges.  I was at the San Mateo Marriott once when the Concierge Lounge was closed during normal operation hours (Sunday night, Monday morning) and they gave me food vouchers for dinner in the restaurant and then the full breakfast buffet the next morning.

b.g.dixon Platinum 33 Reviews

I happen to agree with the other responders.  Always contact the resorts in advance to find out all perks being offered in case this may have an impact on your stay selection.  Good Luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...