5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 9:21 PM by dejamo RSS

Platinum Elite vs. Platinum Premier

bonzaiflyer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
There's been continuing debate on Flyertalk.com about the benefits of Platinum Elite vs. Platinum Premier. Most agree that there's no difference. It appears that Marriott has recently updated the benefits of Platinum Premier on their website, and the majority got it right . Really Marriott, is this what you think of your top 3%?

MC PP Benefits..jpg

This picture is a screen shot of the benefits area, not retouched in any way.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Elite vs. Platinum Premier
    erc Platinum

Good observation. I have read of some premiers feeling they received better upgrade chances, especially, as often is the case, in non-US properties. As we move more and more to property by property interpretation and execution of benefits, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. The other issue is of course, the actual naming of premiers (which theoretically is supposed to be the Top 3% of Platinum travelers, which is most likely an even smaller group than 3% of overall customers). We've had examples in this forum of folks with over 175 nights not getting the status, long time premiers like jerrycoin not being renamed, and long time premier travelers like pingreeman, dropping off the stay radar screen, yet being renamed - so few, if any travelers know any of the details, essentially leaving all of our discussions about the topic to, as dejamo likes to say, The Crickets (no, not Buddy Holly's band, but the suits).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Since ercraised the issue, here's more (statistical) information and observations on Platinum Premier qualification over the last few years: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1308 - in the end, it remains a black box....

dejamo Platinum

Oh erccie................you jest !

Me thinks the above screenshot by bonzaiflyer says it all !

Me also thinks pingreeman's post below says it again...........10 years worth and still no discernible, tangible benefit difference besides a useless telephone number, which probably doesn't ring a lot, so it is marqueed as a separate line but is banked like all the rest to a trained robot. (that is of course, unless you win the lottery and mistakenly pick the right hotel, on the right day, being run by the right independent operator, after you school the desk associate, stand on your left foot and rub your belly with your right hand),

But hey....howzabout those "Most Valued Customers" ?

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I've been fighting this battle for 10 straight years - so now I am a Hilton Diamond member.

Now, if PP included more than just a dedicated 800# (which I never use anyway - so even this benefit is lost on me), and included FOUR GUARANTEED SUITE UPGRADES PER YEAR ON POINTS, then I would drop Hilton in a flash.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...