9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2014 11:32 PM by jakeal RSS

Concierge lounge closed indefinitely

Grotontravler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So I am staying in the Mystic Hotel and Spa in Mystic CT. I am a platinum member. There was a note posted outside the concierge lounge that said Closed indefinitely. Anybody know know why this happened and is it all all hotels that have a concierge lounge? Please see the attached picture..

12929913720946420140123_192042.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Groton, Connecticut, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
Mystic/Groton, Connecticut, USA
  • Re: Concierge lounge closed indefinitely
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

oh that is very sad as they had a very nice CL. I can't imagine what happened but maybe The specified item was not found. or ansaa  can shed some light.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Can't imagine it is Marriott wide, particularly since I've not seen any information on such a closure.

Why not call down to the Manager and ask?

Grotontravler Platinum

So I will start off by thanking johnm. I have not been able to talk to the manager because I been working very long hours. You are correct they are offering a coupon to get a free app or desert from the restaurant. It still does not compare to the lounge in the evening. They have had the lounge closed in the mornings and have been giving the breakfast coupon for the last 3 months or so and its been great. I did talk to the front desk and he still was not sure why, but he believed that it was not going to re-open anytime soon if at all. You are right they did close it during Christmas and the New Years because of the amount of people in the hotel. But I can tell you there were plenty of people in there on Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week and the 6th floor seems full. It is the best hotel in the area but I'm just sad to see it go if that is the case. If anyone from Marriott is listening please open it back up!!!!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

grotontravler

thanks for continuing to update all of us on this very interesting subject.  It seems that joshm has not been given the whole story and there is more to this than meets the eye.  all of us should stay tuned……

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Ive stayed several places where the Concierge lounge doesn't open on Sunday evening and Monday morning due to a low number or authorized users, but those hotels always offer an appetizer cert in the evening and full breakfast in the morning.  That seems reasonable to me.  I think this particular hotel could've chosen their words more carefully...but in the end, not a big deal.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Grotontravler,

I am considering staying at the Mystic Hotel & Spa next month.  Did you ever end up finding out what "indefinitely" was in terms of the CL being closed?

Thanks.

Grotontravler Platinum

So soon after I posted the picture stating "indefinitely closed" It changed two days later and they were providing free desert or app coupon. I was there mid February and the lounge is open back up and is operating like it was before. Marcos who normally was there every night, has been removed if you know what I mean. I believe it will be open if there are enough Gold and Platinum member in the hotel and if not they will provide coupons. It is still the best hotel in the area with or without the lounge. Additionally, they are providing breakfast in the octagon restaurant in the morning. Amazing!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...