4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2014 7:46 AM by psudad RSS

Great attitude, terrific follow up....

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Kudos to Brandon I, Operations Supervisor at the Courtyard Downtown Houston for (1) a great attitude (at a late hour) and (2) polite, prompt, and gratifying feedback/problem resolution...  Not to make it too long of a story, but, here goes:

Background: as a Marriott platinum, it irks me that we don't get free breakfast or any kind of breakfast coupon at Courtyards (but that's a long-running issue).  Grumble, grumble...  So, when I checked in (Saturday night, well after midnight) I asked for a breakfast coupon - yeah, I believe there's no harm in asking.  And I was pleased when Brandon gave me one. One is better than none, so I was happy. I presented the coupon at the Bistro Monday morning (I ate elsewhere Sunday morning) - and I enjoyed what I thought was my free coffee, fresh strawberries, and yogurt.

I left early on Tuesday, and only later realized that they charged me for the breakfast anyway when I checked out.  Granted - I admit I signed the receipt - I didn't have cash and I wanted to leave a tip the nice folks at the Bistro - I just figured they'd credit it back (and I was already thinking about work)...  Also, it was less than $10, and it's what I expect at a Courtyard, so I didn't plan to complain....

Then I received a post-stay feedback email inquiry from the property manager, Ryan F.  (Ryan said, among other things: Our goal is for you to be extremely satisfied with your overall stay. Please let me know if there is anything we could have done to make you more comfortable during your stay.  I would love to hear from you. We are continuously striving to improve customer service and the voice of our guests is our best resourceWay to go, Ryan!!!) So I relayed the story (above) and also mentioned that I thought it was a well-run property, and everyone I met there was polite, helpful, and cheerful.

Here's the relevant text from the email I promptly received from Brandon:

I am following up about the breakfast charges you received. I was actually the associate that gave you the ticket and I am sorry to hear that we charged you for it. I have rebated those charges and have attached a separate receipt for this. And I will also put 1000 bonus points into your account just for the inconvenience.

We are proud you chose us as your destination and as a valued Platinum Elite Member we owe it to you that you leave here happy!

We hope after we have been fully renovated you can come back and see us and we will absolutely roll out the red carpet for you. Any other questions feel free to call here at the property or send me an email back. Thank you again for being part of our Marriott Family!

THANKS, Brandon!  Well done!  That's what we call customer service!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Houston Downtown/Convention Center
  • Re: Great attitude, terrific follow up....
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Excellent work and nicely done giving them some recognition on Insiders.  We love the downtown Courtyard and stay there when we attend an event at Toyota Center such as a Rockets game (very soon), concerts, anything at the Convention Center, hate to say baseball game at Minute Maid but that's what some call it, or just a night downtown for dinner.  We've always had great customer service and even one night when we checked in for the last Paul McCartney concert in town the Front Desk Manager (can't remember his name darn) told my wife to spin the wheel for bonus points since we were elite, the wheel landed on the 2,500 and the next day it was in my account. 

Highly recommend either the Courtyard or Residence downtown, both in the Old Humble Oil Building.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Wow, it's good to know that customer service is still alive.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, ssindc, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Makes me want to go to Houston!!  Great job, Brandon!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...