6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 10:46 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

What are the top Category 5 properties at which you have stayed?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Since all the certificates we use are for Category 1 - 5's, I was curious where you felt you either got the best deals or the best value for your certificate.

I have actually used several on the Courtyard Woburn Boston North.  Nice hotel, just north of Boston - with a full bar, old style Courtyard restaurant and free coffee in the lobby.  Also a nice indoor pool and fitness room.  And it's only a Category 4.

In DC, I really like the Courtyard Washington Embassy Row.  It is a category 5 in a fantastic location, with a very nice restaurant downstairs.  The restaurant is not a Courtyard property, it just happens to be downstairs.  Creative Food Without The 'Tude

Also, in DC, we have stayed a number of times at the Residence Inn Washington DC Downtown on Vermont.  Try to get one of the rooms with a balcony facing Thomas Circle.  Large rooms and nice sunsets.  Breakfast is decent, but the location is awesome, being about a block or two from the White House - and it is a Category 5.

These are a few off the top of my head.  Will add more when I have some time additional time to think about it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Washignton, District Of Columbia, USA
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: What are the top Category 5 properties at which you have stayed?
    superchief1 Platinum

Definitely for me, the best cat 5 I've stayed was the Renaissance Club Sport in Walnut Creek, CA. It was actually cat 4 when I stayed there last year but is worthy of a 5. I enjoy working out so the club access is outstanding, and the location is convenient to the Pleasant Hill BART station for easy access to the city. Rooms are really nice and the staff shows the Spirit to Serve'. I'm planning another visit next spring.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks, Superchief1.  Will definitely be on my list if I head to the Bay area.

superchief1 Platinum

I forgot to mention that the hotel doesn't have CL, but offers platinums free buffet breakfast which is very good. We also had outstanding service in the restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if this property becomes cat 6 in 2014, so enjoy now.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

psudad you may find the following link interesting.  I shared it with another insider a few days ago.

Best Use Of Your Marriott Category 5 Certificates | Travel Is Free

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I like the San Jose Marriott.  It is $300/night on weekdays and $150/night on weekends.  For Gold/Platinum members on weekends, you get a $14 breakfast credit per person (up to 2) at the very good on-site Michael Mina restaurant Arcadia.

The San Mateo Marriott is also nice, very close to SF and they even threw in free parking when I stayed on a certificate.  The hotel goes $280/night on weekdays and $150/night on weekends.  Lots of suites so you have a good chance of getting upgraded and they provide a full breakfast buffet for 2 on weekends for Gold/Platinum members.

The Courtyard Novato is pretty new and it is not that far from key Sonoma County and Napa Valley locations.  The Renaissance Boulder is nice and new (full breakfast for 2 on weekends for Gold/Platinum members).

The Fairfield Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor is a very new Fairfield Inn and has a great brick exterior that is consistent with several buildings in the Inner Harbor; it is also within walking distance to both the football and baseball stadiums.  The Minneapolis Marriott City Center has nice rooms and it is 2-3 blocks away from Target Field.

If you are visiting Michigan, the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti is nice.  Even though it is off The Strip, the Renaissance Las Vegas features contemporary rooms and a nice staff (right next to a monorail station too).  I haven't stayed in the hotel, but the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown looks nice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links