6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 10:18 AM by iahflyr RSS

MegaBonus Suggestions

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With the next MegaBonus promotion getting ready to begin in a few weeks I began to think about using the current certs. I have from the last Megabonsus.  I have seen many posts about fellow MRI having trouble finding somewhere to use their certs. which got me thinking about the Pointsavers option that Marriott offers for using points.  It would be great if some Marriott hotels had off-season or down-season categories.  The one property in particular that comes to mind in the CY in Ocean City, MD.  It is a Cat. 8, but I wonder if it warrants that all year round?  I am sure there are other properties that others could name that might fall into this category.   

Or what if similar to the Marriot eBreaks email that comes out with last minute weekend deals, there was something similar for using certs. at higher category properties that have rooms available 2 - 3 days out?

My suggestions would likely be a logistical nightmare for Marriott and I do not ever see them doing something like this, but the thought came to me and I figured I would share it with MRI.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MegaBonus Suggestions
    ansaa Member

jakeal thanks for the suggestions, definitely something worth sharing. We will be happy to pass along to our customer service team.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

That is a very good idea.  If the hotel has an expensive rate, you can try looking far out and there might be a weekend where it is not that expensive.  I stayed at the JW Marriott SF recently.  It is usually $300/night and higher, but I was able to get it under $200/night with some advanced planning.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

MY problem is slightly different. I don't have a MegaBonus promotion. I didn't get anything in the mail. I went to the Marriott website and clicked on MegaBonus and it says I'm not eligible for any.

I'm LPE and already have 14 days this year. I feel unloved.

erc Platinum

john_thai

It's not too late (deadline in March) to call Rewards and request a MegaBonus offering (in spite of the ominous web site statement). The odds are very good they will provide you a promotion.

Scroll through this link and see the number of successful requests just like yours

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/98220#98220

You should do fine, good luck

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You just have to love a guy who is up before 0500 in San Antonio (unless he isn't there yet) and is giving out excellent advice on Insiders.  My hat is off to you again my traveling rabble rouser friend.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...