2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2014 9:24 AM by shashack RSS

Any tips for selling my MVCI Ko Olina Hawai'i timeshare?

conman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As a Lifetime Platinum, I obviously love Marriott. In 2003, I bought 2 weeks timeshare at Ko Olina, O'ahu, one of the most awesome places where you can find a Marriott. We've stayed there often, exchanged for Interval International stays (with modest success at best) and exchanged for MR points. However, our changing family and economic circumstances combined with the very dramatic increase in the Maintenance Fees (they about doubled in 10 years), I am now looking to sell one or both weeks. Does anyone in the Community have experience with selling timeshares back to Marriott? Or selling using other avenues? At this point I'd be glad to get back what I paid for these weeks, never mind Marriott's sales arguments from 10 years ago that they'd be bound to appreciate.... Thanks all for any input!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any tips for selling my MVCI Ko Olina Hawai'i timeshare?
    rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Redweek.com has timeshare properties for sale or rent. I know that Marriott does buy back timeshare, but I have no experience with that.   Good luck.  I hear you...the Maintenance fees are getting pretty steep!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any tips for selling my MVCI Ko Olina Hawai'i timeshare?
    shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

I have purchased timeshares directly from MVCI and I also purchased a week from MVCI as a re-sale.  Based on my experience looking at the secondary market you should expect to get 10- 25% of your original purchase price.  I hope I am wrong and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and good luck and good fortune on the sale.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...