3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2014 2:22 PM by madmax RSS

Trying to add Rewards number to a reservation...

premster Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a flight/hotel package via Expedia for a first trip to Paris. Did a lot of thinking over what hotel and being a Marriott  Platinum Elite member, thought I'd go with the Renaissance ADT. Now being told that i can't add Rewards number if you book with Expedia...

Wished I knew this before hand, probably would've gone with a more historic, Parisian, romantic hotel...Does anyone know if it can be done so as to gain the benefits of being a loyal Marriott member?

Thanks for any help or info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trying to add Rewards number to a reservation...
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

premster, do you have a Marriott confirmation number?  If so, you might want to try logging into your Marriott account to attempt to add your rewards number.  Once logged into your account click on "My Reservations", then "View All Reservations", then scroll to the bottom and you will see a box will you can look up a reservation by inputting the confirmation number.  This may help in being able to add your rewards number.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

premster Platinum

thanks. i actually sent a fax with my number to the hotel and graciously added it to the reservation as I couldn't do it online (has to do with booking a package deal thru Expedia...).

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

painedplatinum

Correct Answer by painedplatinum  on Apr 21, 2012 5:37 PM

Below is the language found in the Terms and Conditions area for Marriott Rewards (item #8 under Earn Points). I'm not sure if the area that I highlighted in bold applies to your stay. I would call customer support and see if it could work.

• Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com,
          Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, and Hotels.com, as well as operators of opaque
          booking channels such as Priceline and Hotwire are not eligible for Points or
          Elite night credit. In cases where such third party online retailers offer for
          sale “retail” rates that require the guest to pay the hotel directly for the
          stay, provided the online retailer has remitted your Marriott Rewards
          information to the hotel, such stays are eligible for Points or Elite night
          credit. Wholesale packages and series tours are not eligible for Points or Elite
          night credit regardless of booking source.

With that being said, I stayed on a package deal in Hawaii a couple of years back and when I checked in I handed them my plat card and she said I will get that added Mrs. Madmax (Mrs. Pluto didn't want you to feel called out). So I got the points even though it is not the policy per se. I believe it has to do with the property you stay at whether they want to allow it or maybe just the clerk checking you in... anyway I got lucky because I had 5 nights that would have been wasted otherwise because I didn't read all the rewards rules

I really think it is another one of those **** shoots we seem to get in with no consistency between hotels as to what you can expect.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...