46 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 6:40 PM by panusr RSS

2014 Reset

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just got zeroed out (well almost), unrolled over, and have been reset on nights for 2014. As A LTPE I am renewed as a PE of course. Am I the last person to get the word for 2014?

Hope so.

Roger

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2014 Reset
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My account was zeroed out when I logged on this morning.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Wait even you?  Not fair!!!

Afraid to say, yes even both of us.  Wait, it could be a Marriott wide conspiracy against former government employees that are LTPE.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Me too.  As little as I stayed last year, I guess I'm lucky they didn't start me out in the negative.

Maybe at the day break they will recognize that mistake and debit more?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

"Zero for me as well"!

Thank goodness I'm "Lifetime Platinum"!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I was zeroed out on the 19th, but on the 20th I received my rollover points.  Everything seems to copacetic!  Still PE!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

That was my experience too. Early in the morning on the 19th, zero nights. Later that same afternoon, the rollover nights appeared. Everything is now as it should be.

I'm not sure why these events happened at different times, but I'd suggest checking back tomorrow.

I renewed as a lowly Silver Elite, but have a great head start on rollover nights. Gold is in the bag by April at the latest.

Government travel (at least at my agency) has been reduced to almost nothing, so my elite nights will only come from

my personal travel this year. Even so, I might make it to Platinum or at least come close. It depends on how much I can get away and how much I charge to my MR Visa.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

"I renewed as a lowly Silver Elite..."

HEY!! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!! 

Hi Ho Silver

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

No offense meant.

Don't look now foxglove, but we're surrounded by Premier Platinums and Lifetime Platinum Elites.

What's a Silver to do?

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

bejacob, None taken. Hey, at least we're still climbing. You don't hear us silvers bemoaning Elite status stagnation and eroding benefits.   But give us time -- I'm sure we'll get there.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I am Gold this year only by the grace of Marriott, since I fell just below the mark on Dec. 31st.  (Thank you, Marriott.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

From another post, but appropriate for this string:

PP for the 10th year in a row! Despite managing only 23 paid nights in January 2013 with year-end totals that showed 205 rollover nights, 50 bonus nights from Visa to total 278 for 2013, I made PP for 2014. My account has been totally reset with 0 nights, but already have 4 Visa nights, so my status now reads:

71 Nights Needed to Renew Level

0 Nights Needed to Achieve Next Level

Very impressive stats pingreeman

very powerful staying power!

Mine reads

• Rewards #: top secret

74 Nights Needed to Renew Level

0 Nights Needed to Achieve Next Level

Thanks, but I doubt I will make PP this year as I have transferred my loyalty to Hilton since 02/01/2013.

nimblethunder Platinum 1 Reviews

over 200 rollover nights for 2013 - wow.  mine is reset and I have 104 rollover nights for 2014.  do you think we travel too much?

Nah just about right!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

nimblethunder

that's a lot!

We do travel too much, no doubt about it.

Platinum 28 Reviews

2Just checked - I guess it's not just former government employees they are after - they zeroed me  out for 2014.

At first they were punishing the "Left Coast", but if they are doing this to friends in Texas!!! THAT MEANS WAR!

Remember the Alamo?    We can set up our HQ there, it's not too far from the Rivercenter Marriott.

erc Platinum

IAHFLYR

Just got back from there - those boys didn't make out so good, Jimmy Bowie with his typhoid fever never stood a chance, even The Duke struggled. Great Texas weather down here in the Lone Star state, it's dropped 25 degrees since my arrival (still warmer than DC though) and they expect a 'wintry mix' tomorrow ( no wait for tables at Mi Tierra Cafe!). It's a ghost town (but fun, learned all about the hop on/off bus driver and his family). Marriott gave me the Hospitality Suite on the top floor and I'm king of the Concierge (yeah baby, diet pepsi all around ). Hop in the family auto and come on down I-10, Lone Star beer on me. Tonight the 'Lake Michigan' Riverwalk tour. Tomorrow Boudro's and Bohanan's for jazz and happy hour (thanks shashack for the tip).

Hasta luego amigos (Santa Anna got his at San Jacinto) - oooh, oatmeal raisin cookies, livin' large!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

erc just FYI, there are a couple of Rudy's location in SAT.

Told ya the weather was gonna be poop.  We took it from 60 around 11 AM down to 37 now at 5 PM here with the rest of the junk falling from the sky soon.  If the weather was better and I knew you'd be actually buying those Shiner Beers rather than finding a way to have the hotel give them to ya I'd be there NOW!

Watch out for the margarita's at Mi Tierra, but do enjoy the hot and fresh salsa as well as a few habanero peppers.

Have fun and enjoy the weather in south central Texas in late January. 

Ha!

Platinum 28 Reviews

Has anyone had their 2014 "stayed" nights reinstated?

yup. I'm all good…..

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

mine all up to date for 2014.

bechego Platinum

I just saw that I am Premier for the first time in my life in 2014. I am also curious to find out what the differences will be when I check into a hotel. I hope it is noticeable. Otherwise, why have it?

Have a great 2014 everyone!

Congrats

bechego Platinum

Thanks bpelican

UPDATE - Received my LTP card in this week's mail, yet my 02/15/14 Account Info status shows PP. So, what am I? LOL

This looks like good news pingreeman.  Congrats on the LTP and hopefully you'll retain PP!

You are a super hero that is what!!!!

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

Way too go buddy.

Not sure what happened - my account finally got "reset" and I did NOT qualify as PP status for 2014. I should have known that with only 23 paid nights and despite the 205 rollover + 50 Visa nights that I would not make the status on $pend.

I find it interesting that my LTP card arrived in January but only in the last couple of days did my online account reflect the P-status.

I think Marriott spends most of February redoing the status things, and they have a priority, known only to them, for doing this.

pingreeman,

Sorry to hear you had to join the "Ranks" of LTP, with me as well!

I had well over 100 nights and got the news as well.  Sadly, for Marriott, I changed a lot of my travel stays elsewhere because I really resented all I did, and went out of my way to support their properties, only to be knocked out of PP.

The good news is, the Marriott properties I enjoy the most either don't know I am not PP, or don't care?  It has not changed my "Relationship" with them, just how I feel about the way I was treated by Corporate Marriott.

That's a bummer jerrycoin.  IMO when you achieve LTP and are also PP, you should carry the latter on a lifetime basis also.  The most essential qualification for PP should be LOYALTY to the brand as demonstrated by achieving LTP!

bpelican,

Thanks for your post!  Other MRI see it your way, but not Marriott Corporate!

Been in the MR program for over 30 years, as have others.  Never heard a word about my "Loyalty", the only people I hear from the most are "Hyatt, HI, and Hilton" who want my business back!

Like most of us, I don't want "Something for nothing", but a sincere "Thanks" for your "Loyalty" would be nice.

It's folks like you that keep me on this site, fellow travelers who, like me, appreciate and need some "Travel tips"!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

Jerry: on board with you. I am now staying more at Hyatt, less at Marriott. Marriott doesnt seem to care and Haytt seems happy to have me (back, I was diamond till corporate said no more hyatts, that is now not the case). So Marriott, keep chasing the Millennials, who knows, maybe in 10 or 20 years, they will have the money to really spend big (like I do), so I hope your P&L can survive till those wallets grow to support you, since it wont be me. I will be a net taker. Good luck with that business model, I guess Marriott will just keep devaluing the program so that means I stay less and draw down points till I hit zero!

stelzer001,

Good point about staying at former hotel groups, again! 

I really think for many others and myself, it will just be "Less travel" in the future.  At least "Travel by personal choice"!  It's getting just too costly, to do it "Right"!  Same with fine dining, rental cars, etc!

I think that is one major advantage of this MRI site, that is the "Real travel" information you get from "Respected travelers" FREE!, or at least with NO obligations! 

Hope that makes sense!

Me either, I actually did not like the fawning over me as a PP.

I actually do not mind the 'fawning' I receive as a PP.  I earned it (by the rules layer out), and will take whatever benefits such designation comes my way.  I always find it interesting in sales how we treat the customer we are 'coating' better than the customer we already have.  I suppose some genius has sold management on the idea that the growth you can get from a non=customer far exceeds the incremental increase you can get from an existing customer.  Unfortunately, that's the way it's done…..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...