11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 7:44 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Charlotte, NC- What to do?  Where to eat?

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm going away for the weekend with my wife and we were wondering what to do in and around the city (besides NASCAR and sports)and where to eat!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark
  • Re: Charlotte, NC- What to do?  Where to eat?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

One of our favorites is Nana's Soul Food.  But where to eat is highly dependent on what you want and how much you're willing to spend.  There's a Ruth's Chris .1 miles from your hotel.

The Blumental Theatre has multiple venues/stages, so check out what's showing while you're there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

blava007 Platinum

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks for posting these sites.  We usually pass through Charlotte on our way to PA and would stay at the Marriott off I77, which is another brand now.  Plan to spend some leisure time there this year. 

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

aje5837

I live in Charlotte and was located in the south park area for a year.  within the immediate area you have:

Roosters  -  must go!  great new american food.

Upstream  -   great fish/sushi.

Chuey's  -  great mexican (chain from Texas).

I have others, if you tell me food preferences I will add to the list.

shoeman

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

Great Sunday Brunch at Waldhorn Inn (German food)

Cowfish for Burgers and Sushi

Local Italian at Portofino's

Happy Hour at George's Brasserie

Halcyon at Mint Museum

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

aje5837,

Had a wonderful dinner and experience at "Barrington's"!

Good variety of dishes and it was a most pleasant atmosphere.  Likewise, "Rooster's" was my favorite of the place in Charlotte.  A "Bistro" atmosphere that was always enjoyable and constantly excellent!

Good luck and let us know what you experiences are like!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

aje5837 I have had brunch on two different occasions at Pike's Old Fashioned Soda Shop and both times the food has been very good.  It is accessible by light rail as well. 

I would also recommend the National Whitewater Center

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I also went to barring ton's.  went there on christmas eve.  very small and a tad below what I was expecting…  still good, just not a '10'

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...