9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 9:22 AM by foxglove RSS

What is the strangest thing you have seen at a Marriott property?

madmax Gold 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Last night I went to Sonic, a local drive-in, to get a cherry diet coke. When I drove up, I saw the strangest site...there were three horses with riders pulled into one of the stalls and they were being served drinks. Only in Oklahoma would you see such a site. I tried to get a picture of them but by the time I got to the other side of the drive-through window, they had already pulled out.

Anyway, it got me thinking. I once saw a naked man in my assigned hotel room after check-in. Now I make sure to knock before I use the key, just in case...

So insiders, what is the strangest thing you have ever seen at a Marriott property? (this should be interesting...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is the strangest thing you have seen at a Marriott property?
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Some rubber and leather garments, along with various "toys" left in a bureau drawer in our room at the Washington, DC Courtyard/Capitol Hill. I said, "Look, Honey, arrival gifts!"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Not sure I have anything that can top that. I've seen a college basketball team, a youth hockey team, and a high school cheerleading squad.

Perhaps the strangest were the folks attending "Geek.Kon" in Madison Wisconsin (sort of a comic book/sci-fi convention). The costumes of some of the attendees were ... interesting.

I was passing through on one of my county collecting trips and wondered what I had stumbled into. I'll have to keep my eyes open for unusual things on my next road trip.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

This isn't very exciting, but I found it to be wierd nonetheless, last year upon entering my room for the first time, every single drawer was pulled out and closet and cupboard doors completely opened wide, as well as the sliding glass door being opened all the way and the patio light on (3rd floor).  Everything else was as it should be.  What was up with that?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...