8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 4:20 PM by anadyr RSS

Targert-ed or hacked?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My Marriott visa card was one of those compromised at Target.

Anyone else have that happen, and if so when were you notified?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Targert-ed or hacked?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Over the course of the data breach, I used 3 different cards at Target and so far, everything seems fine. I used a card from Chase (not my Marriott Rewards card) and did get an email from them telling me that my account would be monitored but that no action would be needed unless I noticed unusual charges. The other 2 cards were from AMEX.

I've been diligent about watching my accounts and hope nothing comes of it. I'm considering signing up for the credit monitoring offered by Target, but haven't done so yet.

At this point, I continue to shop at Target and still use all my credit cards. About a year ago, I had to replace a card that had been compromised (same Chase card mentioned above) after a trip to Canada. Turned out to be mostly painless and the fraudulent charges were removed.

Still waiting to see if the latest issue will cause me problems. anadyr, hope you get everything smoothed out quickly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Not a major hassle, we use the Chase for mostly Marriott, an AMEX for most other things and so far it is safe

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

Me, too.  I got an email about it today, explaining that they will be sending out a new card, with a new number, within the next couple of weeks.  Ironically, I had just called customer service over the weekend to request new cards with chips since we are going to Spain and Portugal next month.  So now I may get two new sets of Marriott cards.  New cards with old numbers and a chip, followed by new cards with new number and a chip (because all new cards will evidently come with chips).

My challenge now is to make sure that the new cards, new numbers arrive before we leave the country, or to ensure that we will still be able to use the old cards in Portugal and Spain.

ansaa Member

anadyr - What a bummer! I definitely am an avid Target shopper and have used my Chase debit card (not Marriott Rewards credit card) at Target over the holidays. I received an email, phone call, text and written letter from the bank explaining the situation, along with a new Debit card that arrived rather quickly. I hope your situation gets sorted out quickly.

We have until 19 Feb according to the email.The minor hassle is that I have to change all the things that it is linked to.

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

Believe it or not, I had not even thought of that until you mentioned it, as I had just been focusing on hoping that the new card arrives before leaving on a vacation to Portugal and Spain on Feb. 19.  One more thing on the pre-trip to-do list, assuming that the new card arrives in time.

You can ask them to extend the date according to the email I got from Chase

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

I used my Target card multiple times and have not heard nor gotten any written notice from them.  You can bet I'm auditing my Target invoice closely each month, which I do anyway.  If you used AMEX, they normally are very pro consumer when things like this happen.  BTW, I only use my debit card to withdraw cash from my bank at my home bank's ATM.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...