6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 10:29 AM by madmax RSS

Disney World fast pass system

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
  • Re: Disney World fast pass system
    yellowbird Silver

We just returned from a visit and were able to test the new system.  It was nice to use a smart phone app to arrange and rearrange out Fastpasses. But there were some drawbacks.  Only three Fastpasses per day are permitted.  If I plan to visit multiple parks I am permitted Fastpasses for only one park.  I cannot get one pass for one park and two for a second park in the same day.  The kiosks computers were a bit confusing.  First one chooses three attractions.  The computer returns with a suggested schedule.  One can accept, reject, or change it based on the times or rides.  Making the changes was a bit confusing.  But the inconveniences did not compare to arriving at an attraction 5 minutes before the scheduled time only to be refused entry when there was no one in the Fastpass line inside.  We had two choices, stand in line in the rain to assure we would be first inside or wait under cover knowing we'd have to wait inside after the rush of initial rush of Fastpass holder, who stood in the rain, were inside. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

yellowbird,

Thanks for your opinion on the new system!  I was at Disneyland in November, and the Fastpass system there is awful!  You're only allowed one pass at a time... then you have to scramble to your next ride to get another Fastpass and wait 30-60 minutes yet again... Popular rides tend to run out of Fastpasses soon after opening.  The worst of these was Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventure, though the ride is super fun!   

I suspect the new system would actually worsen the Radiator Springs Racers system if it were implemented at Disneyland. 

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Universal has a system we have used in Orlando. Its a premium on your ticket price though. Its an express line you can use at anytime for an attraction. Not scheduled. You can by a single use per attraction or unlimited. Really expands quality time at the park.

My only experience with the Disney system was utter failure. We went to Animal Kingdom. The safari ride's fast passes were gone nearly immediately. Without one, the line was 2+ hours. Ugh.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I too paid the premium for fast pass at Universal Studios Orlando last August. It was well worth it actually. I had no idea there was such a thing as individual fast pass system in place at Disneyland or Disneyworld other than the extra bucks to upgrade to fast pass when buying tickets. Thanks for the information everyone. Next time I get ready to take the grand-kids on a trip to either place, I will do some research ahead of time. Maybe they will have all the bugs out by then anyway.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It's too bad things changed. When the Fast Pass machines were first introduced, using them saved a lot of time waiting in line. I used fast passes both in California and Florida, but only on attractions that were perpetually busy. I loved it. Now it sounds as though the system has been rendered almost useless.

sg1974 Gold

I enjoyed the fast pass system. If you used it wisely on the rides that were always busy it did save you a lot of time.

It was a delight to wait for about 5 mins for the Toy Story ride instead of the 90 minute wait with the normal line!

But you needed to ensure that you organised your fast passes early or they would run out for the day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...