25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2011 9:46 PM by jasper100 RSS

Lifetime Elite Status

mikieg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As anyone that has reached a million mile status in most frequent flyer programs knows, the respective airline grants you lifetime Elite status. I am a million miler with American and was given a lifetime of Gold. I am disappointed to learn that Marriott has no such benefit. I have been a Platinum member for 9 years running and since I first enrolled in Honored Guest Awards in 1985, must accumulated anywhere from 3 to 5 million points. This loyalty however is not rewarded with Marriott. If we don’t earn our status by staying out on the road, we are left out in the cold. Marriott does not grant lifetime Elite status to its most loyal customers and I think that a pretty bad business practice.

• Re: Lifetime Elite Status
    gregwtravels Gold

Actually, there is an unpublished lifetime elite status level, though they don't kick in until you have been a member for 12 years. 

Lifetime silver requires 1,500,000 points collected and 600 nights, Gold is 800 nights and 2,000,000 points and Platinum is 1,000 nights and 3,000,000 points.  You also have to have achieved these levels by staying the number of nights at least once.

Check out this link for details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=721825

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

There is a lifetime Platinum,  I got it with a letter from Bill, there has been nothing better!

Marriott, has treated me like I am family. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lesliepamel Platinum
    Jerry, How du do that? I've been a Reward member for 22 years and a platinum for the last 8.my travel is now slowing down and 75 nts is hard

elysium Platinum

I want to add that the 12 years has to be contiguous for the lifetime status.  I actually started the program in early 1995.  However I did not have any Marriott stays in 1996 due to a local job assignment.   I started staying at Marriott again in April of 1997 so I should attain lifetime status next April.  Hopefully it will be Platinum.  I know I have over 1,000 nights but am not sure how many points over 2M I have earned.  I have used quite a few.  I currently made Platinum Premier for the first time this past January.

tjmodz Gold

A co-worker of mine got a Lifetime Platinum card a few years ago.  At the time he was only Silver when we checked into the Warsaw Marriott, they said he showed up as Platinum in their computer and gave him an upgrade and the choice of gift, etc.

A few weeks later he got a Platinum card in the mail with an expiration of LT (Lifetime).  He had no idea how or why he got it.

About a year ago he was checking in to the Moscow Grand and the guy behind the desk commented how his Marriott number was very rare.  It starts with 3 or 4 zeroes.  And evidently, Marriott awarded people whose number started with the 4 zeroes lifetime Platinum status.

brklynrider Platinum
    How is there a way to see  your lifetime points. I have been a member since 1994 and have not seen any LT points posted. I go from Platinum to Gold and have never been under Gold in the last 14 years. 

lifetimeplatin Platinum

Jerrycoin,

How do you become a life time Elite Platinum member ? 

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I sent a message to Marriott Rewards customer service and they replied with a complete breakdown of my current status. Here is the reply regarding lifetime Platinum

"In order to get Lifetime Platinum Status you will need to be a member for 12 years. You will also need to have a total of 1,000 nights, 3,000,000 points and be one year at Platinum."

Personally, I'm short by 45 nights but am lifetime Gold until I hit the mark. In todays changing travel climate, lets hope that lifetime is truly lifetime.

texasgirl Platinum 1 Reviews
    Makes you wonder why Marriott doesn't have a stronger marketing department.  There are LOTS of us who would go for this lifetime status if they publicized it! 

northernlite Platinum 1 Reviews
    I agree Plat. members should know of all the benifits. I also think the points and nights required are excessive for customers that are brand loyal. Status should be based on level and years

northernlite Platinum 1 Reviews
    I agree the status should be granted on status and years. I hope we can get others to respond and Marriott will reconcider they policies.

girish_joshi Gold

I have to say that the "unpublished" benefits are best left unpublished.  

Does it make anyone else a little sick that 12 years of spending a quarter of your working life with marriott is rewarded with something you can get for free by having a credit card??

600 nights, etc. is pretty serious loyalty and deserves recognition that isnt' given away.  Poor form, Marriott.

northernlite Platinum

So, does anyone know how to apply for Lifetime Status or does Marriott contact you.

Again, I hope Marriott is monitoring this site so something happens or this site is for not.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Marriott keeps track of it but you need to contact them to see where you stand. They will reply to you with your total nights since joining and how many years you've been a member.

kahunapremier Platinum

If you want Marriott to listen to the enhancements, I strongly recommend that you email corp and let them know that 1. We would like, as elite members to hold a focus group to list enhancements for marriott.com or 2. Write down your enhancements, put your name and MR # in the document and email them to corp.

Another avenue is to write an enhancement document and give a copy to every GM at every Marriott and have them send it off to Corp or to the VP.

I have done my part to make enhancements of the marriott.com website and they have listened. We need to have LTS listed on marriott.com as we authenticate with our creds. That is where the value add will be and the focus should be on that techonlogy, which is VERY VERY easy to implement.

harleyman Platinum
    Actually, I got lifetime Platinum staus a few years ago along with a wonderful letter from Mr. Marriott. In my case I had been with the Honored Guest Program since its inception and loyal to Marriott properties (JW's, Marriotts, and Renaissance) for 20 straight years. (now 25). As a Global Services member with United as well, I can tell you that in the world of business travel Putting all your eggs in one basket is the ONLY way to achieve the best in benefits. While I sometimes take longer to get there, or stay a little farther out in International cities, Both companies treat me like a king and no other company is going to get my business at this point. So, hang in there, its worth it in the long run. 

mortician Platinum
    I agree with you. I have been a member since 1986

marksut Platinum
    I agree partially.  I would recommend a five year Elite lifetime status when you reach a number of lifetime nights.  Post this if you do not fulfill 2 of the last 5 years over 75 nights then you lose the lifetime benefit.  A company has to encourage loyality and reward it on results.  Forever is a long time. I am ok with granting it on a 5 year interval basis to which I need to still show my loyality n 2 of the 5 

dmilton Platinum 1 Reviews
    Indeed! I too will have a million miles on UA and will be awarded lifetime status. Soon will retire but have been both a gold and platinum Marriott member, very loyal, and now there will be nothing after years of loyalty. Strange to think that the airlines are caring for us better than Marriott. DMilton

woodsinator2 Platinum 1 Reviews
    Completely agree, as someone who spends 150 nights per year in Marriott Hotels. There should be platinum plus or anoether level you can reach.

jaybee Platinum 1 Reviews
    I have been trying to educate some of their senior executive in this regard.  I have 2.3 million miles in my account, and yet am still only a Gold member.  Despite my loyalties, and constant recommendations to other new owners and guests, it falls on deaf ears.  The only thing we can do is to continue to communicate with those higher up to let them know our concerns.  I have talked with Dave Babich of MVCI and no response.  I have left messages at Bill Marriott's International Liason offices, but with no success YET.  Keep trying.  It will benefit all of us, and hopefully they will see the light before they drive us to other alternatives.

Thanks for the information!

This really helps clear up a lot of questions I have had over the years.

An enjoyable program! 

northernlite Platinum 60 Reviews

Well here we are in 2009 and nothing has been done my Marriott to enhance the so called Lifetime Status.

It appears that Marriott does not monitor this site and has no interest in responding to our discussions, soooooo this site is just a waste of time

Lifetime,

See Mikeing neat report from 8/08 on achieving Lifetime Platinum status.

It is very informative and interesting. 

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

A reminder of what it takes to join the fraternity of Lifetime Platinum Member!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...