4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 12:35 PM by anadyr RSS

Forever Points?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If the Post Office can offer Forever Stamps, why can't Marriott issue Forever Points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Forever Points?
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Well, the US Post Office loses $25,000,000 per day.  Probably not the model Marriott is looking to emulate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes but they are good at delivering mail that I can recycle immediately keeping that business afloat (it also loses money, but not quite as much as the USPS)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

If not "Forever Points," it's would be awesome to have an "inflation-adjustment" to points balance when new categories are announced, etc. For example, if the 3800+ venues and realignment of categories shows a 4% increase, then my 1,000,000 points should be adjusted up by 40,000 to match.

Some of my points were earned 3-4 years ago as I cannot spend them as fast as I was earning them, so these lost a lot of value. Points I would earn now - I have assumed the value as I earn them based on today's "exchange rate."

As I said a year ago:

Sliding scales for elites

Anadyr Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

No, not the kind of lightweight bathroom scale that slips on a wet floor, (my talking scale is often rude) but the ability to counter the increasing less valuable points for everyone.

My idea (I am ready for all comments and critiques) is that higher elite levels would get a small break for free points used stays.

Points needed per night (category 9)
      Marriott Rewards Elite Level
      45,000Silver
      42,550Gold
      40,000Platinum
      35,000Life Platinum and Platinum Premier

This would reward loyalty and counter the trend toward devaluation of points, as seen in recent years.  If this were done Marriott could eliminate Points Savers all together.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...