1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 15, 2014 11:06 AM by madmax RSS

America's best main streets

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is why I love traveling around the U.S.

America's best main streets

I've only been to three of the 7 cities pictured (so far), but I've seen hundreds of similar main streets in the county seats I have visited. I love seeing a well-kept historic area full of shops and people. The towns where the historic center has been vacated for the chain stores on the edge of town make be sad sometimes. When a town does it right and keeps Main Street vibrant it always brings a smile to my face.

I know many Insiders have enjoyed visiting Charleston (one of the seven that made the list), but I suspect some of the other destinations are less well-traveled.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Saratoga Springs, New York, USA
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
  • Re: America's best main streets
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I've been to Denton many times and it does have a nice downtown area. I don't know that I would have thought it to be in the category of best main streets but it is nice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...