0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 2:54 PM by sacerdos15 RSS

Putting away the Ritz

sacerdos15 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Awhile ago I was browsing the various marriott hotels in southern Florida.To mysurprise the palm beach (manlapan) had ceased being a Ritz-Carlton and had become part of a group of hotels I never heard of.I had stayed there twice and enjoyed the hotel very muchnow its is no longer the ritz.Together with the loss of the eden roc and some time ago the casa marina in Key West the marriott portfolio has gotten smaller-at least for upscale hotels in south florida.Yesterday when searching for a hotel in the caribbean I noticed there were none in Jamaica.I had thought there were two-the ritz and a rennaisance. There now are none.I looked in vain for the rose hall Ritz Carlten and its now another chain.Insiders a few days ago asked the question,"where should marriott buld a new hotel'.I would profer a different question--when will marriott begin to do what it can to keep those hotels they have?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...