11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 3:31 AM by antlifp RSS

Renaissance Vendome Paris and platinum perks

rhoke813 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello everyone!

Been off this site for awhile but found it to be very helpful. Last year when I was deciding between Marriott C-E and Ren Vendome for our anniversary trip I let hubby decide and we chose Marriott C-E. It was nice although loud, a lot of activity and until I got an upgrade to a junior suite the "deluxe" C-E view room was tiny and underwhelming.

We are going back in June and I decided to stay this time at the Renaissance Vendome. I have booked us in a junior suite because I don't want to try to play the "upgrade" game during peak season. I have emailed the hotel several times requesting at least an upgrade to the junior suite with a terrace so hopefully will get that but have yet to get a response. If anyone has any direct contact with people from the hotel they can pass along that would be fantastic.

Also I read on TA that platinum members don't get breakfast here anymore? Can someone confirm with me if that is true? I really hope not. If that's the case we may have to go back to the C-E but I'd rather not. Any help here is very much appreciated!

Rachel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
  • Re: Renaissance Vendome Paris and platinum perks
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

rhoke813,

To find out for sure, you can contact "The Platinum hot-line", and get an email address for the Vendome Concierge, or they will do a "Three-way" call and you can ask the hotel directly.

Just remember it's best to contact the hotel during their normal business hours.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jerry thanks! I called the platinum desk and they called the hotel and found out that everyone in the room gets breakfast. Really weird the one platinum reviewer on Trip Advisor was refused breakfast. In any case I will be sure to remind them upon check in that we get bfast. If you recall I was trying and trying to decide between this hotel and the C-E for my surprise anniversary trip this past March with my hubby. We stayed at C-E. I am looking forward to checking out vendome this time.

rhhoke813,

Thanks for letting me know you got things "Worked out"!

You will be in a great location to walk to a lot of interesting places.  The hotel is very "Peaceful" and you will enjoy it a lot.

Have a wonderful trip, and let us know if we can help with any details.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

We booked CE hotel in Paris and were not at all disappointed - not loud - and room was quite nice - even two tiered, with KS bed on lower landing and bath facilities on entry level.

Holland & Paris 021.jpg

Platinum upgrade also brought with it two free buffet breakfasts and we ate around 11:00 each day and this eliminated need for any lunch, which is expensive anywhere you eat, except at sidewalk, walk-up croissant sandwich shop. My only precaution is to not order coffee in lounge during evening hours. It's nice to sit there and listen to piano, but coffee is quite expensive!

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

We are set to go to the Vendome in December 2014.  Right now, I have the AAA rate booked at 341 EUR.  I will keep my eyes peeled over the summer for better rates, but Is this a good rate?  I will also be relying on some sort of free breakfast and a room upgrade for Platinum Status, so I hope they deliver.

I just cannot justify paying more than double for the Marriott C-E.  If I was using points, I might try the C-E, but since we will be paying for this one, the Vendome it is.

Also looking for advice on flights - right now they are at 1230 roundrip, direct flights from ORD.  Any feedback here?

Hey Wally, I will write a review after our summer trip. I was FINALLY able to get in touch with the front desk manager at Vendome who was super helpful. She is working on getting us into exactly the room type we want. I do think however you might have a better chance at a room upgrade at CE. I got one there but it was March and a slow time. I wasn't all that impressed with CE however. I did confirm with the platinum desk who confirmed with the hotel that platinum members get bfast for everyone in the room. That's a really nice perk that Marriott does. Starwood gives you nothing at Gold (which I am) and only continental bfast for one person at Platinum.

I think 1230 is a bargain honestly but I just paid $1885 for our tickets. Detroit to London and Barcelona back to DTW so maybe that's why it was more. Good luck!

wally3431,

First, "Watch" the rates closely, even prior to your departure to Paris.  Many times, the prices tend to drop, the closer to you get to your dates of arrival.  Just make sure you do have a reservation.  Paris is very pretty that time of year with so many Christmas decorations.

Secondly, just looking at properties I have stayed at, and enjoyed all of them, but: (Dec1-8, for example)

C-E, 664 eu/night or $907, before taxes, not a good deal.

AdT, 403 eu/night or $550, ", no way!

Ren. Vendome, 341 eu/night, $466/night, not worth it!

Ren. LaDefense, 243 eu. $328/night.  They have a nice CL, rooms are nice, good staff, a 15 minute Metro ride to most  

tourist spots.  It's the last stop on the Yellow Line on The Metro, so you can't get lost. 

Good luck, with whatever you decide!

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

jerrycoin,

thanks for the hotel advice.  There does appear to be lower rates on all the Paris locations in Feb, March and April.  But everything from the Summer to Christmas is really expensive.

We might have to consider LaDefense.  I'll have to make a bunch of reservations for $ and for points to cover myself after we agree on airfare/dates.

wally,

La Defense is a very nice hotel!

You can enjoy the quietness of the location, wonderful rooms and easy transportation to anyplace in Paris.  Always enjoy that hotel.  It has a very nice atmosphere about it!

Have a wonderful trip!

cktaymd Platinum

Rachel,

We have stayed twice at the Renaissance Vendome and loved the location - our most recent stay was May of 2013.  The hotel and rooms are smaller than the C-E location, so the probability of an upgrade is lessened, but the trade-off for being next door to the Tuilleries Garden and the Louvre is worth it.  I do recommend that you ask for either a high room or a room on the back of the hotel because there is an Irish bar across the street that parties well into the early morning hours and they do get a bit noisy.  As platinum and/or gold members, you will receive free breakfast for your entire party, and the breakfast includes omelets per your order.  The front desk staff is wonderful and quite skilled at helping you plan your trip, including maps, metro info, restaurant recommendations, tickets for boat cruises, and tours - take their advice and you will not regret it.  Edgard, one of the front desk managers, can be reached at edgard.basin@renhotels.com   He was most helpful in making our stay memorable on both trips.  Have a wonderful time!

Candace

antlifp Platinum 2 Reviews

We stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago.  It is in a perfect location to explore Paris.  We had a room overlooking the inner court yard which was very quiet.  I dont think it was a suite but for Paris the room size was good and the bathroom was wonderful - definite spa quality.   There is a lovely but small indoor pool.  Breakfast was still included when we stayed.   Have fun!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...