11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 1:02 PM by anadyr RSS

The most expensive room I have ever seen.....

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
       30                          150.67                                      1                          162.33                                      2                          162.33                                      3                          162.33                                      4                          162.33                                      5                          162.33                                      6                          150.67                              
       7                          150.67                                      8                          162.33                                      9                          162.33                                      10                          182.33                                      11                          182.33                                      12                          182.33                                      13                          170.67                              
       14                          170.67                                      15                          182.33                                      16                          182.33                                      17                          3,489.00                                      18                          6,795.67                                      19       10,102.33        20                          13,397.33                              
       21                          16,692.33                                      22                          19,999.00                                      23                          16,692.33                                      24                          16,692.33                                      25                          16,692.33                                      26                          16,692.33                                      27                          16,692.33

These rates are for The Saint Hotel in New Orleans in December 2014.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Autograph Collection The Saint Hotel, Autograph Collection
  • Re: The most expensive room I have ever seen.....
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I have to say, if those are real rates, no matter even if the Superbowl was in town, are DISGUSTING!!!! I'm thinking it's just a typo?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This has been brought up and a judge ruled that this is allowed.  People choose to go to the Super Bowl and thus are not being taken advantage of.  If they did this in an emergency situation, it is not allowed.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Well, it is 2014!  Makes my health insurance premiums look smaller. for sure.  I recall that I stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Fairview Park (VA) Marriott and the room was listed as 5,000 and up a night on the card on the door.

erc Platinum

I have been tracking New Orleans rooms in December for my 2014 trip and this appears to be the local properties' way of placing a default price into the box 330-350 days out, until they are ready to set a price (they have been going down). They also have room restrictions (for a while you could not book more than one room/I need 3/ at the JW or Marriott on Canal). Several of the properties were listed in the mid-teen thousands when the 12/20-27 nights first went up.

December (as few better than razorbackfan knows) around Christmas is a great week for rates in New Orleans with the JW last year around $100, the Marriott on Canal less than $90, SpringHill $79 and the very nice Marriott at the Convention Center (which I know about thru razorback's write up) around $104 - so I'll just out wait them, they do go down, but it does make it harder to match up with airline awards available soon.

Initially seeing the Residence Inn listed at $79 and then viewing the rates go up to $899 for each night the rest of the week irritated me, but then I realized it was just another example of "no blackout guarantees with blackouts" , no service fees unless there's a service fee, points credited unless they're not, etc etc. The way of the traveler 2014 and beyond.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The Sugar Bowl, one of the new play-off games, will be held in New Orleans on January 1.2015.  I thought the rates were extremely high, even for that. 

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

He who is willing to spend time and watch, gets the best price.  I have found that it pays to do this.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Supple and demand--with no blackouts

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...