6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2014 5:38 PM by mimihenry RSS

Exchanging time share weeks for points

mimihenry Member
Currently Being Moderated

Just found out at my destinations apt. that I can exchange my time share weeks for points, but for the life of me, I do not see on this website, how to do it. Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for assistance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Exchanging time share weeks for points
    curiousone Platinum

You need to got to the Marriott Vacation Club International web site, or call a Vacation Club advisor at 888/682-4862. I convert most of my weeks into Marriott Reward points every year and have had some great vacations between Marriott hotels and the time shares. Also, look into travel packages, probably the last great deal offered by Marriott Rewards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

That's good advice.  The MVC WEB site is not very user friendly as yet.

mimihenry Member

Thank you so much for your comments. I have been working on it since i read your post, think I need to call the company to complete my exchange.

superchief1 Platinum

Are you referring to Marriott Reward points or Marriott Vacation Club Destination points. If your weeks are enrolled in Destination Club, you can convert to DC points and use them for nights at other MVC resorts. These can be a fair value and are very flixible.

Converting to Marriott Rewards points is no longer a good value. The amount of MR points that are provided for your week haven't changed since the program began several years ago. However, Marriott has significantly increased the MR requiremetns for a stay. When I purchased my timeshare in Orlando, 110k MR points would get me 7 nights at any hotel/resort worldwide, air fare for 2 on major airlines, a Hertz full size rental for a week, and a cruise certificate. Now, the same amount of points will get me a 5 night stay at a Courtyard. During that same time, my maintenance fees have also increased from about $350 to $1100.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks for your post.  Especially your last paragraph which makes imminent sense.

mimihenry Member

Thank you for your comments, I hope I can get some new vacation options since I did. Not go with the destinations program. Am hoping the points exchange will add something new to our current vacation experiences.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...