11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 9:55 AM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott opens Tallest Hotel in NYC...

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: Marriott opens Tallest Hotel in NYC...
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Here's a time lapse of the construction.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great video.  I can't imagine working on anything that tall, don't like heights at all unless in an airplane.

Can't wait to try the property!

Not only the tallest but an interesting concept with 2 brands sharing the same building, and some of the services.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Fascinating video.  Looks like a great property.  Congrats to Marriott folks.  Will have to visit.

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Very cool - A Courtyard and Residence Inn.  Think they are building the same combination at LA Live in Los Angeles.  Makes sense to be able to share services.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The downtown CY and RI in Houston share the same building as well, the Old Humble Oil Building, seems to work nicely.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

The new LA (Courtyard and Residence Inn) complex will be right across the street from LA LIVE and the JW Marriott (a great location).  It is a great idea because downtown LA has the highest occupancy rates of almost any neighborhood in the US and hotel brands are rushing to get in.  That new building will provide a nice and more reasonably priced option for that area.  The JW Marriott room rates there are consistently high.  Every time I check, they are $349/night and more for both weekdays and weekends due to its proximity to the LA convention center and the staples center.  That JW marriott has my favorite concierge / executive lounge of any marriott property in the US.

Indianapolis has a marriott complex that houses a JW marriott, SpringHill suites and a Fairfield inn. They all share a parking lot while the Fairfield inn and SpringHill suites share a fitness center.

I love the Downtown LA Marriott....lived there on and off for a year or two.

Fabulous hotel!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I like that JW Marriott too and I think a lot of the new US JW Marriotts and Marriotts are going to follow that style so I'm looking forward to these future properties.  Unfortunately, it looks like many of the new Courtyards are going to be similar to what we already have.

This New York one might be the exception though.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks for posting this article.  Spectacular building, interesting concept (CY + RI).  I think one might get air sick on the higher floors.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...