41 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2014 9:58 PM by painedplatinum RSS

MR Insiders Blog List (Updated 6/5/14!!!)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Our good friend ssindc created a thread to gather some wonderful photo albums from the members. It inspired me to do the same for the Insiders blogs section. There are over 53 pages of blog entries but the sorting function leaves a bit to be desired. At current count there are 26 bloggers that have at least 3 entries in their respective blogs. They have been sharing everything from general travel tips, to specific location info, to historic detail of cities and regions.  Legendary Insiders like anadyr, razorbackfan, and pluto77 are all sharing information and thoughts. All star bloggers based in the US include kharada46, bejacob, vaboywnder and many more. How about some European flavor?.. well arkwright will get your head spinning with reports from across the Atlantic.  All these fine Insiders have over 10 entries in their blogs for your pleasure reading!! madmax and IAHFLYR are coming on strong. The newbies can be found just below. Please, give  foxglove , peteruliano , jakeal , tomd68 all a look. She's really one of us, so merb is keeping it real in Hawaii...check out her blog, as well!

Here's the list of the Insiders that have been pounding the keys and snapping pictures to share with the community. You can find their blog entries by clicking on the name, then "content" from their bio page, then click on the blog in the left column.

EDIT: The description of each blog is from my feeble mind. If any of the bloggers would like to drop me a note with a more accurate description, please do.

kharada46... kharada46's Blog,  69 entries...it will have your mouth watering... with very little turbulence.

anadyr... Roger's Ramblings-- the Anadyr/Stepping Stones Blog,  54 entries... deep stuff from a real pro.

pluto77...LoFlo's Random Ramble, 46 entries.. Pictures to die for and now a plane junkie.

painedplatinum... Travel Report from Near and Far, 43 entries....trips and some pics.

razorbackfan... Razorback Ramblings, 30 entries.... must read and see. A bit quiet lately, we miss her writings.

bejacob... Brian's County Collecting Blog, 18 entries...the name says it all.

vaboywnder..Scott's Blog, 18 entries...This is one of my personal favorites.

arkwright.. Chris Brookes's Blog, 15 entries...timeless info from Europe and Asia

madmax..madmax's Blog, 9 entries... She's really getting this blog going. Nice China write up

shadowpic...shadowpic's Blog, 5 entries.. internet speed and more

lakersfan..Remembering Former Marriott Properties, 5 entries... memory lane.

kndelta.. Kris Delta's Blog, 5 entries.... checking in from time to time

IAHFLYR.. A View From The Tower, 5 entries...flying and more!

mgoes2.. mgoes2's Blog, 4 entries.. Belgium and Bogota

tker... Maximizing Marriott Rewards Travel Packages: See the World, 4 entries.... amazing.

fschumpert..Fred Schumpert's Blog, 4 entries... thoughts.

texasvoyager.. teaxasvoyager's Blog, 4 entries..US and Canada

trippin'.. Trippin through Life, 4 entries.. Michigan, really sharp pics.

The following folks all have blogs with 3 entries:

franke, omegaet, psudad, thetravelrn, use2beMarriottLOVER...all are looking good.

Brand NEW!!! foxglove... The Foxglove garden.....nice start.

peteruliano....peteruliano's blog..pics

jakeal.... Traveling Tales..3 great entries already

merb...Adventuring O'ahu...4 entries...looking good and veggies

tomd68....Tomd68's Blah Blah Blog... 5 entries Roma!

If I missed someone, drop me a note. I'll try to update every so often.,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MR Insiders Blog List (In Progress)

Two of our Marriott friends also have blogs going. merb is doing the Hawaiian thing and kristines has put together the ins and outs of marriott.com.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I forgot to mention.....

Many blog posts have multiple comments. To see and add to the comments, click on the individual post and you'll see the comments listed below.

This little project made me see how far behind I was on a couple of entries. I missed a whole bunch from some of my favorites and need to catch up!

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Very cool and great work!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Very nice list. I've read a few of these, but am now eager to browse through a few more.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Wait, I am only number two?  Gotta get crackin' thanks for putting this together

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Great idea painedplatinum!  Thanks for putting this together.  I've got quite a bit of reading to do!  Been slacking on my posts too...

The only problem with your blog kharada46 is that I gain 5 lbs just reading  .  My daughter just spent 8 days in Hawaii. I gave her five nights at the Kaua'i Marriott Resort as a birthday present. She also stayed in Honolulu at the Waikiki Courtyard. She and her 3 girlfriends had a blast. I shared your restaurant reviews with them before they left.

Keep up the good work!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

LOL!  That's a very nice gift!  Hope your daughter had a great time in Hawaii! 

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks, Pained!  I'll work to keep them coming.  Getting ready to start on my Italy photo album - Rome, Montepulchiano, Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terre, Bologna, Montova, Modena, Padova, Venice.  Will also be posting pics from a day trip to the Normandy beaches and the American Cemetery.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

pained, this is really awesome! I love this idea as I have had to look through the entire list before just to find the newest blogs. If I am looking for a particular person's no problem but just in general they do tend to get lost. Thank you for doing this and I believe this can be VERY beneficial to new insiders looking for certain information.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Good going, Pained One.  You've put some blogging mojo back in me.  And LOVE reading everyone's blogs.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It appears that you have gotten the bloggers out and fired up, good for you.  Now, I have to figure out what a blog actually is! I don't like being in second place let alone having to compete with these wonderful folks who so eloquently write and share their thoughts, but what the heck one day soon I'll fire up the grill blog or anti UA blog or what ever seems to flow off my strange mind. 

Well done painedplatinum.

You are a natural for this blog-o-sphere. We can't wait to see what is flying around in that head of yours. Bring it on!

You got that right IAHFLYR. I'm ready to add a few new entries to my blog, but I'll have to wait until I head out to collect more counties. Going to northern Alabama by way of middle Tennessee (and the NW corner of Georgia) in just over a month so that will be my next entry.

With all the great stuff you post, I can imagine an interesting blog should you decide to write one up.

LOL, oh I'm sure it would be something alright.  One day it will just happen, just not sure what will cause that day to occur as yet.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Agree with you!

But since I don't make a list, I have no idea what it is, I guess I will just "Keep traveling'!

Again, I just hope I can help fellow travelers save time, money, and find happiness.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

tomd68: Here is a list of blogs recently compiled. Might be a good place to ask your search question here.

tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews

Hi everyone.  Does anyone know an easy way to find a blog or make it search-able?  I've recently created one, but it's not intuitive on how to find it unless one is specifically searching my profile and my content.  As per Tker and Pluto77's recommendations, I've tagged the post with various items, locations, and MRI names which will help, but even finding who has a blog is kind of tough (other than this post).

tomd68, it's relatively easy to browse blogs. Under the drop down menu "Browse" a user can select Blogs to see what is out there. It is also possible to select Content and then filter by clicking on the Blog Icon at the top of the content window.

Either of these methods will bring up recent blog entries. As far as getting others to read your blog, you're on your own. Useful information and pictures can help, but there is no magic answer of what works. Good Luck and keep blogging.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

right on target with your answer bejacob

If I know the answer and a question hasn't been answered, I am glad to jump in and help. MR Insiders have done the same for me many times and I like to return the favor when I am able.

Thanks for the shout out madmax.

tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews

Thanks for the help!

• Re: MR Insiders Blog List (Updated 6/5/14!!!)

Updated.....I'm sure I missed some, just let me know!

INCREDIBLE, painedplatinum, what an amazing list you've compiled.  Thanks for taking the time to sort all this together and for allowing us slackers as myself to realize I've got much work to do here on Insiders!

You are "DA MAN"

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Thanks for the inclusion, painedplatinum. Truth be told, I'm simply trying to emulate the contributions of those whom I respect so much, present recipient included. 

painedplatinum, thanks for keeping this list up to date. Every time you do, I go back to look for the latest from our regular bloggers.

I've just put a new entry up (Counties and Lakes of New York) but unless I plan some additional travel before late August, my blog may be quiet for the next couple months (maybe I can squeeze in a weekend trip in July ).

BTW, brightlybob has a blog now, so you'll have to include in your next update.

tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews

Finally added another post!  Mai Tais, Mars, and Mahalo

tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews

erc - Thanks for the shout out.  Hey MRI- you need to read some of these excellent blogs.  They are really a hidden gem (literally) here on MRI, providing a ton of info that is the heart of this Marriott social network.  Unfortunately, they're just hard to find.

How can I find and follow member blogs I find interesting?

I think that maybe we need to keep commenting on this page to keep it up at the top of MRI's Recent Content.  Aviation Geeks Unite has a long thread with over 1200 responses.  It would be great for this linking thread, if not the actual info-packed blogs, to get a following like AvGeeks.  I think some people think blogs are just people bloviating about their opinions, and while that is sometimes true, the ones here on MRI are more focused on Marriott, usually full of helpful and creative content.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I am not an utter computer illiterate, but I still cannot find the grey heading the CommunityManager referred to that says Blogs.  Where are they?

prof,

I know there's a blog "button" that drops down from the Browse category on the header.

I can't find a ladder in either Activity or Inbox. The only thing that comes close is the blue menu bar that lists (among the other topics) groups.

erc Platinum

I seldom comment on Insiders Web Site matters, because I often think that my concern is more a result of my low tech skills than a design issue. However, when pro's like you and others mention it, then I step a bit out of my shell (because, as all of you know, I'm a shy guy ).

Anyway - on my top tab, the color is baby blue and the Headings are;

Hotel Reviews; Destinations; Marriott Rewards: Travel Tips; Other Topics; Groups: Community; space; Write Review; Browse

When I look for a blog, I either type painedplatinum blogs into search (since I seldom remember the exact name of the thread) or I click Community and in the middle of that page is Orange Recent Blog Posts (and then, if necessary, I click More at the bottom of the list).

Now, I don't share these techniques to provide insight into the crazy world of erc, but rather to point out how laborious of a task it has become, especially for low tech troglodytes like myself (hey, technology, if you're so impressive, make it easy). tomd68, jakeal, arkwright painedplatinum and a host of others have fought the good fight to improve blog visibility.

1) Why couldn't we just have a Blogs link, button (or whatever it's properly called)

2) Why can't Blogs, while actively being discussed, remain on the front page listing of Recent Content?

Oh well, questions for merb The specified item was not found. jmart and KatieC  to listen to us, appreciate the feedback, and then pass it along to the Greater Team.

I'm too busy camping out on Michigan Avenue waiting for those Flash Perks starting July 17th - noon Central time

Hi erc,

That's exactly what I see and why I was confused.  I completely agree -- make it transparent like the other headings. I think the same should be done with Photo Albums,because I usually only stumble upon them when looking in recent activity.

Cheers, ProfChiara