45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2015 7:26 PM by wheatgerm RSS

Anyone else notice a slow down in posting stays/points?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed in the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown over New Year's Eve and still haven't seen my points or stay posted.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anyone else notice a slow down in posting stays/points?
    saleelkane Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes...since past 2 months..there has been some delay in posting of points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

psudad:

I've noticed the same issue. Stayed in Boston and have yet to see any nights posted. I thought it might be that they are reconfiguring rollovers et al but who knows?

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

I posted a lot during the holidays but the New Year will bring a slowdown as work picks up!

killdog Gold

I've noticed a slowdown like described again, especially when I stay at Renaissance.  It's now taking a week or so for the e-folio and then a few days after that to see any rewards updates.  Is anyone else seeing a delay posting points?   I seem to eventually get them, it just seems silly for it to take that long.  Heck, if Delta can do it more quickly, it can't be that difficult :-)

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I normally see my stays posted to my account within two days of check out but lately I've experienced the same thing you are referring to. I also have it where I receive my bill via email and I haven't been receiving them in a timely fashion as I've become accustomed to even though the charges were quickly posted to my cc account.  I had to call the hotel and they sent a scanned copy and maybe within 5 days I would get the regular bill via email at which times I would see the points and stay credited to my account.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi killdog, and welcome to the Insiders Forum!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this topic. This issue has been raised before, and our team has informed us that stays can take up to 10 business days to post on an account. The reason it takes the Rewards team 10 days is because they are on the receiving end of hotel information, and they have to give hotels time to post the credit themselves. If the Rewards team posts the stay early before a hotel gets a chance to post it themselves, the hotel can possibly get penalized and have it show on their annual report. If hotels take more than the 10 business days to show up on an account, then members are encouraged to reach out to have the points awarded.

Hope this helps answer the question for you and others.

This forum is more than asking and answering questions. From travel tips and recommendations to photography, the sharing of news and industry updates, this place is a good resource for everyone! The community here is helpful, travel savvy, and always willing to provide support to their fellow travelers.

If you have any questions about the forum, site, Rewards, etc., please don't hesitate to reach out to me,carat, KatieC or lindseyh. We make up the moderation team for the forum and we're here to help.

Again, welcome to the Insiders family, and we look forward to seeing more of you around here!

killdog Gold

Thanks deannad!   I appreciate the response and understand the process.   It's just odd to me that what was taking 1-2 days for the e-folio and posting the next day seems to be taking a week or so for the e-folio (and posting following 2-3 days afterward).  It seems some folks have experienced similar delays while others have not, so maybe it's an issue with the hotels I've chosen recently as that seems to be what is implied.   Thanks again!

killdog Gold

Hi deannad, Thanks for the note!   I have another question on points postings and am hoping you can help.  In Aug, I took advantage of the 80K points Marriott Reward offer from Chase.  I have had the card for a couple of months.  On Sept 10, my Chase statement showed 619 points transferred to Marriott Rewards.  They have not posted.  On Oct 10, my Chase statement shows 86,719 points transferred.  They also have not posted.  Is this normal, do you know?

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Just finished two separate stays in Paris, both times the points were posted the next day, if anything it seems faster times for posting, mind you it probably depends several factors as previously mentioned.

JD

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

What the team say is interesting and throws some light on the occasional 'blip'. Staying most often in the UK, and watching the time difference for systems in the USA, I get credits the next day but usually later on. I have concluded that most often it is the hotel systems which differ in their interfaces - or occasionally staff who don't pay enough attention to detail, or may be new. It is fascinating that systems do not appear to run over the weekend - surely computers work 24/7 apparent from maintenance! You won't often get Thursday night stays credited until Monday. The penalty for hotels is interesting - I wonder how many staff are briefed on this. I always get my 'folio' e-mailed so I have it when I have to chase. Nevertheless happy traveller who always feeds back if he is not!

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I haven't seen any delay. In the last month or so, I've stayed at two Marriott properties in Maine and one in New Hampshire just last weekend. Elite nights and points were credit to my account for all the stays within one week. I checked out of the Wentworth-By-The-Sea in New Hampshire this past Sunday, and my points and three nights credit have already been credited. This turn-around time from checkout to posting is consistent with what I've experienced over the years.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

I know it states to wait 10 days for points/stays to post but I guess I have been spoiled because they have always posted within 2 days of check-out and just recently I have been experiencing a delay. I thought is was due to the hotel. I have another stay coming up in October and will be waiting to see.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Recently stayed a Saturday night at Hotel Icon in downtown Houston and checked out Sunday morning.  Points and night stay were in my Rewards account by Monday afternoon.

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews

I have actually noticed a delay recently.  My bill doesn't arrive via e-mail for about a week, and the points and night credits arrive about 2 days after that.  This is within the 10 days, yes, but before the e-mail and credits would appear within 2-3 days.  Odd.

I have actually noticed a delay recently.  My bill doesn't arrive via e-mail for about a week, and the points and night credits arrive about 2 days after that.  This is within the 10 days, yes, but before the e-mail and credits would appear within 2-3 days.  Odd.

702rugbyref Platinum

I have not noticed any slowdown

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I just finished a 5 day stay on Saturday and it was posted Monday. I think it has been faster, great job.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I haven't noticed any slow down.  2 to 3 days on average.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Quite the opposite, my last 2 Marriott stays credited the very next day

Just got my points posted in less than 48 hours, so no I do not notice a slow down.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Same here. Points arrive with a couple business days. Sometimes Friday or Saturday stays don't show up until Tuesday, but I've come to expect that. If anything, I feel that points are posting more quickly this year.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I have not stayed in a Marriott (for that matter any  hotel) for the last thirty five days - the longest vacation from hotels in the last five years.

That period ends today when I arrive and check into my San Francisco hotel (yes a Marriott)

I will monitor how fast points are posted from the time I checkout Sunday morning and confirmation of receipt.

It should be noted that throughout 2015 my experience has been a shorter delay after leaving a property and receiving points.

What property are you gracing with your presence in SFO misterchk?

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR

Actually a pleasure visit with friends from "across the pond" who have never graced that beautiful city.

I will be a guest (loose term as a guest shouldn't pay but I am) at the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott.

(Please note I will not be using Mobil Check-in)

Have a great weekend....

If you don't here from me for a few weeks I never escaped from the Alcatraz Island tour!!!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Maybe it's temporary but yes.  Checked out the Ritz in SF last Saturday and have yet to get my points posted. I have the receipt and has my rewards number.  And my bday credit did not post either.  :/

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

yes, I checked out of the Minneapolis Airport marriott this past tuesday, 10/20 and the points posted today.4 days is way longer than in the past. and the usual e-mail with my bill/folio still hasn't showed up.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

With my last stay, my points took almost a full week to post!

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Something must be going on. In the past my points posted the same day I received the copy of the bill by e-mail (usually a couple days after my stay). Recently, I had a stay and received my digital copy of the receipt and the points were still not posted three days later. I contacted Marriott rewards (I did not wait the required 10 days ) and they took care of it but it does seems like there was something going on since that never happened to me before. Maybe it was just this particular hotel, even though it was a full service Marriott. Another trip next week this time to Charlotte so we will see if my stay posts to my reward account in within the usual couple of days following my trip.

leow1231 Platinum

My reward points updated on the next day of my stays..>

wheatgerm Gold

I have been having major issues with receiving credit for my stays as well! I have to call cusomter support  days after each stay, request them to contact the property and wait on hold fo r10 minutes for them to coerce the franchisee to post my stay.

When I complain about this they say that their is nothing that they can do about it because their franchisees all have their own accounting system and that it doesn't automatically link to the Marriott system. I have an idea - REQUIRE them to use your system or pay for a patch to make it automatic.

I have 500 career nights and at least 73 this year alone - I say at least, because I didn't pay attention until it occurred to me that I was getting close to Platinum.

This makes no sense. Marriott is trying to create customer loyalty, yet puts the onus on the customer to hold THEIR properties accountable. I don;t have this issue with SPG or HHonors. Either Marriott gets their act together or I am cutting them out of all travel plans.

It's Saturday morning and I am dealing with this nonsense after traveling 4 nights with them this week alone. Oh and by the way, their customer service is only open Monday thru Friday and there is no email address to submit my request for credit. Total BS!!!!!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Sounds like you've had a very frustrating experience, wheatgerm.  Definitely don't like hearing that.  If you'd like, I can take a look into this and see if I can help reach a resolution.  Just send me a private message with your Rewards Number and the details around the stays that aren't posted. 

I also see you are new around here and I'd like to welcome you to the Insiders Community.  This is a great place to share you travel experiences and recommendations,  as well as hear what other members have to say.  I'm carat, and I am one of the moderators here along with lindseyh and deannad.  If you ever have any questions or comments, like above, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we're here to help.  I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide' just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Again, welcome to the community!  Looking forward to hearing more from you!

wheatgerm Gold

Thanks for your response. I have had another issue last week. I stayed at a corporate Courtyard in Charlotte last Monday and it still hasn't posted. I called the hotel and they said that it should have posted automatically as a corporate hotel. She then transferred me to Marriott Rewards. I told the person my frustration with the whole program and she told me that this was a "free program" that Marriott provided and that it was up to the guest to ensure they get credit. This is after the person last week told me a minimum of 10 times that the hotel has 10 days to post and that I should wait at least 14 days before contacting Marriott Rewards to receive credit. I am pretty sure you understand that nothing is free - oyu offer this program to be competitive with HHonors and SPG. Someone should inform your Marriott Rewards Customer Service Team. Secondly, if you want to be competitive with these other programs then don't make your guests track down their stays each time - neither of the other guys has any delay in their postings.

Again, I am in 2-3 hotels every week and don't have the time or energy to hold your properties or your franchisees accountable.

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Historically my points were credited within a couple of days- no matter what Marriott brand I stayed at.

Seems like this summer, it was taking closer to 10 days or so on a regular basis.

jt15550 Platinum

Seems to vary wildly based on the property.  I've had 16 stays in the last three months - some have posted 5-6 days after my stay.  My most recent was within 24 hours of check-out, on a weekend no less.

Jsucool76 Gold

A lot of my stays have been posting REALLY quickly recently. Within 1-2 days. It's been great.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...