4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2015 8:20 PM by dubaidoc RSS

Don't use points for one room and pay for another on same trip/same hotel.

lredford Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I used points for one room for a five day stay at the Marriott on Coronado Island in March 2013. During this same visit I also paid for one room. I do this and put my grown sons in one room and my wife and I stay in the other. I soon found out that I did not get credit for my five paid stays. I did receive the points but I did not get credit for the stays toward an elite rewards level.  Had I put the rewards stay under my son's name I would have gotten credit for the paid stay.....this is in the Rewards fine print.

BEWARE! This is a real moronic policy. I paid $2000 plus for the room and do not get the nights credit. In Marriott's defense I did get the points but I would also like the night stay credits. This is how we get to Platinum Elite isn't it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Don't use points for one room and pay for another on same trip/same hotel.
    traveleroflife Platinum 2 Reviews

IMHO this policy needs to change. Not only is this about how many nights we ourself stay in a Marriott room, but how many room/nights we pay for. If it was just how many we stay then we should get credit for the rewards nights as we are staying in a room then (not what I am advocating). Since it is for paid room/nights, we should get full credit for multiple rooms that are under our rewards number.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Don't use points for one room and pay for another on same trip/same hotel.
      biglee73 Platinum 4 Reviews

I also had this same experience.  Paid for two rooms at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and only received the night credits for one room.  I know for a fact that I've paid for several rooms at the same hotel at the same time and I've received night credits for it.  It makes no sense at all.

Marriott, please review this policy and change it.

vickisocal Platinum

We have always gotten night credit when paying for one room/award pointing another.

You do NOT get double night credit when paying for 2 rooms. Logically you can only be in one room at once.

dubaidoc Platinum

Its more than a year to this original post and nothing has changed with Marriott Rewards. Recently returned form a 7 night stay at MM New York and got points for 1 room but no elite nights added as the second room was using points and should have been gifted to someone else. No matter how much I argued, the staff have been well trained not to accept what their loyal customers say. How far will this so called loyalty go is evident now....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...