17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 2:26 AM by pingreeman RSS

Platinum Premier

rdgroves Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I put on a full court press to get PP for 2014. At 149 I did not make it. I guess the 125 plus theory is dead.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier
    blava007 Platinum

rdgroves

We are ALL eager to hear from you on the Specific Benefits you are receiving along the way at the Marriott properties as a “Platinum Premier” member !  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

williston Platinum

Did the 149 include rollovers?  If so probably not enough.  I've loved the benefits especially outside of the US.  Upgrades to suites more common than not, 20% reduction in many restaurants at resorts, complimentary breakfast for me and my family at some resorts.  Definitely worth having.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

rd,

I don't think they decide on the cutoff for Platinum Premier until sometime in February.

rdgroves Platinum

The 149 nights is without rollovers and maybe I've reacted too soon. I just got the notice for renewal for Platinum next year and assumed that was it.

Hang in there, rd. I was looking at posts from last year and it appears folks were finding out late Jan, early Feb.

Also, I had three years of massive stays prior to getting the PP status. I think they use some type of history along with all the other secret criteria.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I read also that it has a fare basis also so if you stay in Fairfield inns vs full service Marriott's you might not get Premier Platinum

"thebodyguard" Platinum

What are the required nights for PP? I had 233 nights for 2013. If that does not make it I am not sure what does! Good luck!!

bechego Platinum

I hear the "top 3%" of Marriott guests get Premier. But I have never seen what defines the 3% and, due to the way it is set up, it would make sense that the criteria is different from year to year, since the "top 3%" varies accoding to the global expereince, so to speak. Good luck

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

As a PP for 9-plus years in a row, I have the following history of paid nights:

From my Insiders profile page, "Here are my Marriott stays (PAID # of nights/year) over the last 9 years ('12 to '04): 243, 168**, 190, 179, 208, 178, 212, 191, 217. Platinum Premier since 2004 (I don't believe in counting rollover nights). **Boycotted Marriott for 8 weeks otherwise would have had 200 exactly."

This year may be the first year I do not renew PP status having switched to Hilton on 02/01/2013. However, I did manage 23 paid nights in January 2013, so my year-end totals show: 205 rollover nights, 50 bonus nights from Visa to total 278 for 2013.

On an aside - I will try to remember to update this post - PP again or LTP once I know for certain.

nyspeedracer84 Platinum

PP is fare basis vs # nights. You'll get more "credits" if you stay at full services properties, I believe pp are the top 3% of Marriott spenders. However, to be honest, the benefits are not different than regular Platinum members. My PP upgrade rates were pretty much the same as my Platinum years.

This is where I feel Marriott is lacking for their top tier spenders. I'm at "Courtesy" with Hyatt, which is Hyatt's version of PP and the benefits are much better. In addition, the level of services rendered are much better. To be honest, 80% of Marriott properties that I stayed last year still didn't know about Platinum Premier. When staying in large metropolitan cities, getting a PP upgrade was like getting a Diamond Upgrade to DC and/or Chicago from LGA on Delta...you're still #15 on the standby upgrade list.

Correct in that PP is selected by corporate - top 3%, and includes a combination of paid nights and spend. Irocnically, in my 10 years of PP, 98% of my stays have been CYs or FFs, so the spend/night is nowhere near "average" but then having had 180-220 paid nights per year is probably nowhere near "average" either.

PP for the 10th year in a row! Despite managing only 23 paid nights in January 2013 with year-end totals that showed 205 rollover nights, 50 bonus nights from Visa to total 278 for 2013, I made PP for 2014. My account has been totally reset with 0 nights, but already have 4 Visa nights, so my status now reads:

71 Nights Needed to Renew Level

0 Nights Needed to Achieve Next Level

erc Platinum

First off - congrats pingreeman. Today is apparently Marriott Mystery day as we discuss several of the puzzling mysteries of Marriott Rewards: Lifetime Platinum recognition timing, Lifetime Points display (or lack thereof), pricing displays that at best can be described as confusing, at worse, misleading, and one of the forum's all time favorites - Platinum Premier status - how do they do the voodoo that they do? How you feeling jerrycoin?

Well, maybe by leaving things loosey goosey, Marriott understands the excitement and joy we all experience when like IAHFLYR , we find a Courtyard in a small corner of the world offering free coffee - woohoo!  Good times had by all.

Hey pgm,

Were you notified of the PP status ?  I seem to remember that they don't make their declarations until early Feb. I could be wrong...but I'll look for a topic from previous years.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ping

how do you lnow of your 2014 status??  I do not think this has been shared yet?

blainep22 Platinum

I had 150 nights last year and did not receive Platinum Premier even though others in my company stayed less nights and spent less money than I had, so I called to figure this out.  I expressed my displeasure in others with less qualifications than myself getting PP status and they told me you have to be Platinum for 3 straight years.  I had 2 years and the third year back I was gold with only 70 nights stayed.  I was Platinum for life and it didn't matter since I hadn't been legitimately platinum for 3 years.

When I told them how displeased I was, they gave me an additional 50,000 bonus points because they did feel bad but could do nothing about it.  I am not Platinum Premier, but am not really expecting any huge changes since it does not appear there are many, if any, additional benefits. 

I hope this helps.

I cannot believe my eyes - I have Platinum Premier status for the 10th year in a row. Funny, I had only 23 paid nights in 2013, so it must have come from my 205 rollover nights.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...