3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 10:28 AM by profchiara RSS

Paris Rive Gauche Restaurants

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We will be at the Marriott Rive Gauche this winter.  Does anyone have suggestions for classic French Restaurants in the neighborhood?  We expect to spend about $100 - $125 for dinner most nights and a couple of splurges in the $150 - $200 range.aris

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
  • Re: Paris Rive Gauche Restaurants
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

phctourist,

Here has been my experience with places on the list:

Lauderee, #1 on list, good place to at least visit, would not have dinner, just lunch.  You may have to wait in line.

Les Deax Maggits, #5, a nice place to "People watch" and relax, but don't expect great food.

Le 'Relias d' Entrecote, A great steakhouse and priced really fair, I have really enjoyed the value of this place, but you must enjoy steak!

Guy Savoy, #15, wonderful, but you better be prepared for some major expense, a cup of "Black truffle soup" will run you over $100 bucks.  If you want something in this area, I will give you a place just as good at 1/5 the price.

Jules Verne, #23, don't waste your time or money, if you are not on a Wall Street expense acct., forget it.  The worst escargot I have ever had and it was over $100 for one!

Let us at MRI and myself help you with your food budget and desires and we can help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

pchtourist,

Here are a few good "Classic French" restaurants in the neighborhood.

La Closerie des Lilas

171 bd Montparnasse

www.closeriedeslilas.fr/

Pricey, dressy, excellent service and food.  Great Steak Tartare.

Le Sévero

8 rue des plantes

Outstanding beef and steak.  Chef is the owner and a former butcher.  Knows his meat.

L'Assiette

181 rue du Château

http://www.restaurant-lassiette.com/

Delicious, exceptional.

La Grande Ourse

9 rue Georges Saché

www.restaurantlagrandeours.fr

Great former michelin chef, proteins cooked to perfection.

La Maison Courtine

157 avenue du Maine

www.lamaisoncourtine.com

Southern French cuisine, delicious.

The service is good at all of these.  I would say they are each located about a mile from the Marriott Rive Gauche.  Not knowing a person's specific food preference, it can be challenging to make recommendations, but these ones are "Classic French" and reasonably proximal to the hotel.  I think it's likely that you will enjoy them.

Bon Appé***!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Most of the classic French restaurants I like are a bit of a hike (or metro ride), but if you like Vietnamese/French food you can find lots of it in this area.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...