9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2014 2:41 AM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

Marriott Listening....

mraddicted Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I know that there are many posts where folks are venting and questioning the collective decision making of the Marriott mind, but I for one am very pleased at the progress I've seen recently.  A little patience is always helpful when dealing with a large corporation, but Marriott, in my opinion, has done a darn good job of turning the direction of the program in new and improved ways.  Here are a few of my recent observations along with a few hopes or the future!

Celebrations

• Breakfast and lounge access on weekend (HOOT HOOT) 
  • Mileage Pus Partnership - AWESOME - Bring more offers  like this!
  • Elite renewal process - Nice to see a little compassion for long term members who are just short of goal.  Develops heavy loyalty where other competitors fail here miserably.
  • New Web Site - Very Nice...
  • Integration with Vacation club members...well done
  • Hotel Upgrades.....a lot of progress in 2013
  • Lifetime membership - very endearing - makes me feel like family

Hopes for 2014

• Miss the wine and chees platinum gifts
  • Room upgrades - some properties hold back - rooms are available online but only offered for upgrade if you force the issue
  • Credit Card bonus nights  - allow nights for both personal and biz cards to be combined
  • Multiple rooms towards nights stayed - Allow for accrual if you have more that 1 room at a time for immediate family
  • Bring back the elite $1000 gift certificates - PLEASE!!!!!!
  • Would enjoy a discount price for full buffet breakfast in lieu of lounge for elites on occasion
  • Point values for vacation club week trades have become diluted over time - find a way to be more equitable

Thanks for listening Marriott.  I look forward to what you have in store for the future!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Listening....
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

mraddicted

Great post!  It's so nice to see a 'fair and balanced' assessment of the current state of affairs at Marriott.  I agree with both the positives and the challenges you point out and would al;so hope that Marriott is listening. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Great post. Since I doubt that Marriott will bring back the platinum arrival amenity, I suggest they at least offer a coupon for 2 free drinks in the CL. That would be comparable to the split of wine. Additionally, it would be nice if the drinks in the lounge would be priced lower than at the bar/ restaurant. It isn't that long ago that they were complimentary, but now the prices are exhorbitant in most hotels.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Very nice thought-provoking, balanced post.  Thank you for posting it.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very well said mraddicted.  I will have to agree with on the wine and cheese, bring it back yet also am leaning toward the comment made by superchief1, doubt we will see it come back however; give us a couple of coupons for the drink if we want. 

Maybe The specified item was not found. will be kind enough to forward that idea up the food chain, might create more posts such as this!

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

mraddicted--nice summary. Of the 2014 hopes, I especially agree with your #4 & 8.  Any rooms paid for should count towards elite status even if on the same night. And the value of MR points per Vacation Club week traded should go up as the value of MR points needed for hotel categories go up to resemble the proportionate value when the week was purchased. In addition, I think any MVC owner should have automatic nights toward elite status as the number of weeks/points they own.  If you trade for MR points one year, you do not get those 7 nights toward your status even though you have paid your annual maintenance fee & purchase price.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Well done.  We can only hope for movement toward smoothing out the irregularities in MR.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I am going to add this post into my "followed" list and see how the program shakes out when announcing new categories, points required, etc. over the coming months. Then I will post my comment on whether Marriott is listening or deaf.

Also, I think the bullets listed as positive could easily be argued against. Take for example the United Mileage Plus benefit --> there were MANY posts that disagreed with this decision. As for lifetime Platinum, I achieved that leve several years ago, so "technically speaking" that is nothing new in 2013.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Pingreeman, without checking the list, I can add a potential new one: having a post moderated, then removed, and then when questioned, getting no answer!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Good post.  The free breakfast on weekends is definitely a great plus.  If there is one thing I am looking for in 2014, it is that Marriott will begin updating their properties (especially their rooms)...and I think they are going to do this...maybe not in 2014 but definitely in the near future.

In terms of upgrades, I go in with measured expectations.  Some properties simply do not have many suites and I can understand them holding back for various reasons (for example, one of their more loyal customers is coming in the next day or to use in an emergency to fix a customer issue).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...