5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 8:59 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Planning first trip to Paris this Spring...

premster Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Taking my wife for her 40th. Not using points. Platinum elite. Had narrowed down to the Marriott CE and Ren AdT. Can save roughly $2,000 with the latter!

But now wondering if I should book elsewhere even and save even more! The question is: is it worth going with Marriott? Will there be any associated perks to make it worth it, or should I look at a lesser know brand (cheaper)....keeping in mind, this is our first time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
  • Re: Planning first trip to Paris this Spring...
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

premster

Would NOT spend $2000 more to stay at CE!

Consider Ren. at  La Defense, it is a wonderful place and only a few minutes from everything!,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

premster Platinum

Thanks jerrycoin...any thoughts on the Ren AdT . Seems close to the CE anyway, and a train or bus station on the block...

tthanks.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

premster,

The Ren AdT, is a short walk from the C-E, and you can save yourself a lot of money at The Ren. 

Please go to others and my posts on the two properties.  If and when you have questions, I will provide you with details on dining, shopping, transportation, etc.

You will have a wonderful trip, no matter where you finally decide to stay.

premster Platinum

found some helpful posts on another thread on the two hotels...

sg1974 Gold

We stayed at Ren La Defense last time and it is a good option.

If it were my first trip to Paris I probably wouldn't stay there though.

I think a more central location would be better for your first trip.

But then this depends on the price that you are able to get also.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...