21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 2:39 PM by anadyr RSS

Questions Nobody is Asking: The January 2014 Edition.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here they are:

1. Have I gotten bigger or are those Marriott robes getting smaller?
  2. Are there actual gift shops in the smaller Marriott full service hotels?
  3. If I look under the bed in my room will there we left overs there?
  4. Will I find a window that can actually be opened in a big city hotel?
  5. Are those new proximity key cards going to let me in every time I swipe them near the lock?
  6. Will two bars of bathroom soap ever come back?
  7. What has happened to all those chocolates wrapped in foil that formerly came with turndown service?
  8. Where are the smaller bottles (375ml) of wine that Platinum Members got as an arrival gift?
  9. Will At Your Service ever answer on the first or second ring?
  10. And, Why did I make this list?  So you (collectively) could add to it, of course.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
  • Re: Questions Nobody is Asking: The January 2014 Edition.
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

11.  Will erc enjoy waffles at every SpringHill Suites property in 2014?

12.  Should Marriott consider giving Platinum, Gold and Silver Elites reduced parking rates based on elite level?

13.  How many Marriott Properties have a floor number of 13?

14.  Does anyone know for sure if your upgrade possibilities are reduced with Mobile Check-in?

15.  Might the Courtyard Bistro be a thing of the past in 2015?

More please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Love these

16.  Will the flat screen TV's be replaced with curved screen ones, like those deomstrated at the recent CES in Las Vegas?

17.  When will the bed skirt go away, forever?

18.  When can the TV lisiting be standardized for all hotels?

19.  Will the associate bowing and scraping that I am accustomed to when checking in continue?

20.  And, why did I begin  this list?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Side note, IAHFLYR - I found it ironic or at least funny, that both the Ghent and Brussels Marriott had the same 'Belgian' waffle makers - and batter - as the ones in the states.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Are they still called Belgian waffles there?

Just waffles.  Granted, I enjoy them in the US, but there are far better all across Belgium at any street stand or storefront.  Just seemed strange.  Would be like a french hotel in the US, serving a pedestrian version of scrapple for breakfast.  :-)

That is funny and I guess ironic as well.

Platinum 28 Reviews

21. Will I have the opportunity during 2014 to meet at least five of you "crazies" ** and treat you to a fine dinner with useless conversation.

** I go out of my way to find fellow "crazies".  I discovered at an early age that normal people are BORING!!!

etw Platinum 5 Reviews

22.  Will TV Remotes come with sleep timers in the future?

4.  Courtyard Manhattan Mid-Town - the windows open, out at the bottom, probably farther than they should.

23.  When will Marriott remove those huge alarm clocks that us Neanderthal's cannot set the alarm?

misterchk, Crazies are simply lurking everywhere, even under those silly bed skirts!!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Those bed skirts, btw, are for those men who plop down on the bed with their shoes on...

Can't imagine any of the insiders here would do that of course!

And why would they be a nuisance if we had turn down service where the attendants remove them as well as that humongous heavy bedspread!

I have not seen a bedspread in ages but then maybe I am not looking?

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

They are still around. JW Marriott Hong Kong still has them, even though they are new design. Some of the bedding has gone to new comforter style, but some are still the old fashioned bedspread that has to be removed because many insiders suffocated under them and complained (imagine that) that their rewards points were shrinking under them.

Ha! and I always carry a professional detection kit wherever I go (Lunimol and Blue Lights) so that I can be sure the bed is well, acceptable!   I no longer carry the lockpicks, too many legal implications Just kidding in case the government is monitoring these posts.

Shoes, no it's all about flip flops or as kharada46 taught us, slippers!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...