4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 9:48 AM by iahflyr RSS

Changing MegaBonus Offer -- confirmation not provided?

raydon22 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For the MegaBonus that ends January 15, 2014, I received the "Stay 20 nights, get 40,000 points" offer. I had never done this before but I called MR customer service to change my offer to the "free night after two stays" offer instead. The representative said "we do not usually do this" but will make an exception for you (. I asked if I would see the change in my account, but he said no -- the adjustment will be made at the end of the promotion period (Jan 15). I also asked for a confirmation email saying that the change has been made, but he said no -- we don't do that. In other words, I have to just "trust them" that it will be done.

For those of you who have successfully changed your MegaBonus offers in the past, is this how it works?

I'm a bit anxious as I had enough stays to maximize the free night offer (two free nights), but not enough nights to make the 40,000 points offer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Changing MegaBonus Offer -- confirmation not provided?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

raydon22,

Quite a few of us Insiders have called Marriott Rewards in the past and requested a change to the Mega Bonus offer. The response you received sounds normal.  For some reason Marriott Customer Service Reps are not able to make the change in the system until after the MegaBonus promtions are over.  Apparently its a manual process for them.  I wouldn't worry about it.  If you don't see the certificates added to your account after the promotion give them a call back and they should be able to add those to your account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

raydon22

Vaboywnder is correct and you should be in excellent shape with the manual override. Each MegaBonus (three times a year) we post a "what did you get" (see link below) and scores of Rewards Members report (myself included four times in a row) of changing similarly to yourself with manual accounting - no reports of reneging yet. To ease your mind, this first time, you can do what I liked to do in the beginning and call back, getting a different rep and confirming that they have a manual switch of your offer. Good luck and welcome aboard.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/98220#98220

The specified item was not found.  when you 'clarify', please don't stir up a hornet's nest - thanks

raydon22 Platinum

Wow -- that was fast! Thanks for the responses and for easing my mind a bit. I'll give them a call some time this week.

For what it's worth, for the most recent MegaBonus promo, I did receive the offer I had hoped for -- two stays, free cat 1-5 night.

Thanks again!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You'll need to wait until after Jan. 15th to call when the promotion is over as the others have mentioned, otherwise you might end up with the same reply.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...