1 2 3 9 Previous Next 127 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2015 7:43 PM by maddashin RSS

Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Each year in a effort to maintain Platinum status and earn as many Marriott Points I can I always try to make every hotel stay at a Marriott Property. While Marriott hotels are in lots of locations they are not everywhere.

I can think of 3 destinations that I would like to see Marriott open a property in.

1.) Hollywood CA-  With the loss of the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel last year there are no Marriott properties in Hollywood anymore.  Perhaps Marriott should consider inviting one of the great boutique hotels in the area to their Autograph collection.

2.) Provincetown, MA-  Hoping to travel there sometime in the upcoming year.  Was disappointed there are no Marriott properties there.

3.) Murfreesboro, TN- I have some family that live in this area and it is only served by one Fairfield Inn.  It would be nice if there was a full service property in this growing city.

So what do you think?  Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

great question!  will need to think on this………...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    erc Platinum

Good one vaboy. I've wanted to stay at Marriott's at the following areas;

Harper's Ferry WVa

The Delaware Beaches on up to Cape May

Chatham Cape Cod along with Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard

Laguna Beach California

Mt. Rushmore

I also would like to be able to visit the Sequoias and stay at a Marriott

• 3. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Would be nice to see one back on Bermuda.  I liked Castle Harbour.

• 4. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Bermuda is good, but they are really tough on new properties there-especially chains.

Bahamas would be my choice. Nassau and Freeport.

Larger footprint in Tokyo-but that's getting better.

Ocean City, MD. Only one CY and that's a category EIGHT! There are a million props. in VA Beach.

• 5. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    nstraveler Platinum 14 Reviews

Marriott in Bermuda and in Fiji would be great!

• 6. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Fiji has been rumored for years. It was even on their website with a future opening date….then vanished. I wish it were true!

• 7. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Erc

great choices, all…..

• 8. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    spreadsheet Platinum 2 Reviews

We are going to Nassau, but have to stay at another hotel. Wh in the world has Marriot not chosed to build or buy a Marriott on this island?

• 9. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    spreadsheet Platinum 2 Reviews

I stayed in the Tokyo Marriott, A nice hotel but the only one downtown. Marriott should consider buying floors in one of the new towers that keeps going up in the city.

• 10. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I agree on Hollywood. There needs to be a LA Marriott. SF has 3 Marriotts in their Downtown area (as well as a Renaissance and JW Marriott).  To my knowledge, LA has no full service Marriott brand hotels in West Hollywood, Century City, Beverly Hills, or Santa Monica with the exception of a very expensive JW Marriott.

• 11. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'd love to see a Marriott Resort/Hotel:

1.  Sint Maarten

2.  Fiji

3.  New Zealand

• 12. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Havana Cuba

• 13. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

I like two of the suggestions: Havana or the Bahamas. Both could offer unique experiences. If Marriott is going to open in Havana, I suspect it is already working this as opening a new US oriented hotel in Havana will take some time and getting through the Cuban bureaucracy. I would book a room in a minute. The Bahamas offers great beaches with easy access to the States.

• 14. Re: Where should Marriott open a Future Hotel?
    dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

Another strong vote of support for Harbor Beach. A great resort, fantastic beach, has a couple of excellent restaurants, great pool area. It is walking distance to other beach restaurants. It is a major step up from the other Marriott properties in the area (Beach Place and Hollywood Marriot. . Also Harbor Beach has an excellent new chef at 3030 which is its best restaurant. I have stayed at all and am eager for another long weekend at Harbor Beach.

1 2 3 9 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...