11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2016 3:08 PM by monisame RSS

Budapest - Apartments or Marriott

barbaracollins Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone,

As you may know I was looking at Venice, but am pausing this idea as I just can't decide where to stay (it was my son who wants to visit, and we're going to Pompeii in Feb. - he's a Roman history fan (aged 9!)).  So, instead, I thought we could go to a Christmas market, and take my mother & father in law. I am deciding on Budapest, and looking at the Christmas Markets, weekend of the 5 & 6 Dec is the best (and bonus as its my son's birthday).

The Marriott Executive Apartments are really cheap, and have good (but 2 yrs old) reviews on here, and not so complimentary on trip advisor.  The Marriott, on the other hand, has some discounted offers, but isn't so cheap.

If you've stayed at either recently, can you give me your opinions.  I had read on here that when staying in the apartment you have access to the conceirge lounge at the Marriott but that was in 2011 and conscious things may have changed since then.

I wish Marriott would give more information on rooms to advise whether there were connecting rooms, and which rooms connect with which.

Thanks in advance

Barbaraga

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Budapest, Hungary
  • Re: Budapest - Apartments or Marriott
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

It's worth surfing through this web site - I think you will find that many, many Marriott Insiders agree that:

• The Budapest Marriott Concierge lounge is one of the very best on the planet.  (Does that sound over-the-top?  Well, that's why it's worth looking at the comments.)  Here's one example - Re: Budapest Marriott - but there are more, elsewhere - here is another example: Take a Trip to Budapest and Stay at the Marriott...
    • The view from the (extraordinary) roof deck in the concierge lounge is, quite simply, impressive and memorable - daytime and evening.  Rarely can one say that photos do not do it justice...  Check this out too: Re: Favorite Marriott Views????
    • The view from the hotel rooms (all on the Danube side) are splendid. Mere mortals could spend the entire day and evening just looking out the window.
    • I think the location is good too.....
    • Granted, it is a large, busy hotel.  But I'm a big fan.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

barbaracollins Platinum

Thanks, I will book the hotel.....I was just nervous that if the reviews are a couple of years old that the hotel may have changed considerably since then.  I also wonder whether anyone can confirm that you still get access to the lounge if staying in the apartments (its about 200 euro a night difference!)

Thanks again for your time in looking up those posts. Am going to have a good read.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

ssindc I have to agree with you.  The hotel is wonderful with one of my favorite CLs.  The deserts in the CL were amazing and the view is spectacular, though we had a similar view from our very large and comfortable room.  Excellent location!  Excellent staff! 

I definitely recommend this hotel.

To be honest, I prefer a hotel to an apartment.  I'm not interested in fixing any meals when I'm on vacation so an apartment has little appeal.

eppyvox Gold 6 Reviews

Search no more. I was in Budapest this past summer.  Stay at the Boscolo Budapest.  It's a Marriott Autograph collection property. Google it, and stay.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Eppyvox,

Did the Boscolo have an executive lounge and free breakfast for gold/platinums?

mav Platinum

I stayed at the Executive apartments but it was maybe 4 years ago. It was a  VERY nice, large studio  unit.  Actually the studio's are larger then the 1 bedroom rooms, so that is why I booked a studio. It had a more then adequate kitchen area that included a dishwasher. It's only about a block off of the Danube and a stones throw from the main pedsetrian  walkway.  Daily maid service and the room was always spotless.

We went  to the cake buffet  at the Mariott on the Danube and I must say I have EXTREMELY fond memories of that buffet  . It was very resonably priced, and the deserts were wonderful! From what I remember they have the cake buffet every day from 2pm to about 7pm.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I too stayed at the apartments two months ago and had a great stay. The location was ideal and having access to the lounge at the Marriott hit the spot.

monisame Platinum

Hi I satayed at the Boscolo, They offer a huge breakfast at New York Cafe.- No lounge in it

mav Platinum

Nice to hear u enjoyed the apartments as much as I did. I'd stay there in a heartbeat on a return trip. Did u try the cake buffet?

mycatdixie Gold

I haven't stayed in the apartments,  but did have a wonderful stay at the hotel after a river cruise.  Everything stated about how great the lounge and views are is absolutely true. I would not consider staying anywhere else.

monisame Platinum

Well I had a wonderfull experience at Boscolo Budapest. !!  It is a great property, like nothing else. I feel like a Queen trere. I never use the apartments the stays there does not count to our status and you almost pay the same. But if you need a kitchen is an option.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...