2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2015 12:46 PM by carat RSS

SPEED TEST?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

At the Pleasanton CA Marriott where the 'high speed' internet is advertised at $16.99 per 24 hours, and free to Platinums, here is the speed test from Speakeasy:

Speakeasy Speed Test - Mozilla Firefox 142014 52447 PM.bmp.jpg

Anyone else tried the test at their hotels? If you can, post it and we'll compare.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pleasanton, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Pleasanton Marriott
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expressway/Warr Acres
  • Re: SPEED TEST?
    blah0119 Platinum

Untitled.jpg

This is a Joke, AS of Jan,29,2015 the FCC defines Basic broadband as 25Mbps, (https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-331760A1.pdf) Even at the old speed (4Mbps) that would have be amazing right now. I do understand that the hotel isn't the internet service provider and can distribute the service as they see fit, But don't tell me that you free HIGH SPEED internet and I can't even get 2Mbps. I was at another Marriott affiliate (they have since turned into Sonesta) and when i was there I had Laptop, tablet and phone on the wifi with out issues. I wish I had saved the speed test from those stays. I could video chat, surf the web at the same time with out a glitch. Now I can't even say good night to my kids with out the video stuttering. Very disappointed with this trip (for work) definitely not staying at this place again, there are other issue, but I'll find the right place to put them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expressway/Warr Acres
    • Re: SPEED TEST?
      carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This is an interesting thread.  In our world of business travel, I know how important it is to have internet access while traveling.  I wonder if the community has any 'internet hacks' while traveling?

Blah0119, Welcome to the Insiders Community!!  This is a great forum to share your travel experiences, recommendations, and see what other travelers, like you, have to say.  My name is Cara, carat, and I am one of the moderators here along with, lindseyh deannad, and KatieC. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us.

I've also included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide,' if you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Can't wait to hear more from you!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...