11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 12:52 AM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

NEW MEGA BONUS BEGINNING FEBRUARY 1ST HAS NO INCENTIVE

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

WHAT AM I MISSING?  THE MEGA BONUS BEGINNING FEBRUARY 1ST, UNLIKE THE PROMOTION THAT ENDS ON JANUARY 15, REWARDS YOU WITH STAYS AT CATEGORIES 1 -4.  WHAT'S THE INCENTIVE??

When travelling on business or pleasure over the last three years I haven't spent on overnight in a property lower than a category 5!

In major cities (where I find myself travelling to) even the better located Fairfields are 5's or HIGHER!

The promotion ending January 15 offered the reward of certificates for categories 1 - 5.

What is their problem - are they now turning the promotions into exercises that many of us do not wish to participate?

WHAT IS OUR MOTIVATION? TO EARN CERTIFICATES THAT WE CAN USE AT LOCATIONS BENEATH WHAT WE ARE USE TO AND CAN NORMALLY AFFORD.  WHY CAN'T WE EARN ACCOMMODATIONS AT PROPERTIES THAT MEET THE LEVEL WE CHOOSE WHEN PAYING? 

THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY TO MOTIVATE MARRIOTT'S MOST IMPORTANT CUSTOMER'S.  OFFER BONUS POINTS TO ALLOW IS TO USE AS WE WISH, GIFTS, STAYS AT A RITZ PROPERTY ETC ETC,

As always you comments will be greatly appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: NEW MEGA BONUS BEGINNING FEBRUARY 1ST HAS NO INCENTIVE
    vickisocal Platinum

Not a single person, here or elsewhere, has reported being denied a request to switch to Cat 1-5.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rjncmu Platinum

Can't see a promotion posted on my account. Will have to call. Hate that.

terryb99 Silver 1 Reviews

Tired of this style Promotion, would much prefer points.

I have 7 unused Certificates. I have had several expire, another expires on the 19th.

I just have not had time to travel for pleasure. The time I could have used one, there was not a Cat 4 or 5 anywhere near where I was going to be, so I had to use points.

Terry

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews

I also can't see the promotion yet.

I will call and see if I can be switched to points as there really aren't category 1-4 that I can use in the local area and would much rather have the points to use later on.

Has anyone had success asking to be switched to points?

greensim Platinum 14 Reviews

I signed up to the promotion which was offered at Cat5.  I asked about points and was told they had 25,000 points offer after 15 paid stays, going up to 40,000 after 20 paid stays.  Given on the current promotion after 4 paid stays I get two Cat5 nights (worth 50,000 points) it seems a poor alternative.  I guess i'm lucky that most of the hotels in the UK are Cat5. 

mauibound2 Platinum 4 Reviews

I wonder it the offer for cat 4 or 5 is based on your current status as I am a Gold and was offered the cat 5 certificates.  I will admit that I am primarily a HHonors guy so Gold with MR is enoufgh for me as there are more Hilton beach properties that I want to stay at for personal tavel in the US.  Both programs seemed to have gotten out of hand with the amount of points they now require for reward stays.   For the life of me I do not understand why a business would take the chance of making their most frequent business partners question if it is worth focusing their business on one program.  There are more and more credit cards that offer cash rebates where you can spend the $$s at any hotel or airline so the rewards programs might want to listen to their best customers.

One humble 100+ nights a yr travelers opinion.

highbay Platinum

New to this message board!  Great info here…I had not received any promotional offer for this Spring, so snooping around found your site.  I called (thanks to all of this wonderful advice) today and spoke to a rewards rep.  I am currently Platinum, soon to roll down to Gold member.  Told her that I hadn't received any promotion and she told me that I had been assigned to the 25,000 pt for 15 nights and 15,000 pt bonus for 20 nights.  I asked if I could exchange it for the certificate nights (cat 1-5), and she said that would be no problem.  Said that if I had a total of 4 separate stays I would be awarded the certificates at the end of the promotion.

Platinum 28 Reviews

highbay

I was originally offered the category 1-4 reward certificates -  (which would have been zero incentive) Minimum category in areas I  travel requires a "5".  I also received this courtesy of a change when I called and asked.

Pleased that the program is flexible.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

There used to be good Category 4 hotels, but they are now Category 5 hotels.  Pretty soon, all Napa hotels will be Category 6 or higher.

I think there are decent Category 3 and 4 Courtyards out there, but you have to be okay with staying outside the city.  And if you book one of the Category 3 or 4 Louisville Courtyards or Fairfield Inns for the Kentucky Derby at exactly the 50-weeks-in-advance mark, it is a $400-$500 savings per night.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...