Course 2
Domaine Chandon Carneros 2011 Chardonnay:
Sautéed Scallop with Butternut Squash and White Wine Broth

Course 3
Domaine Chandon Carneros 2010 Pinot Noir:
48 Hour Berkshire Pork Short Rib with Spiced Cabbage and Burgundy Carrots

Course 4
Domaine Chandon Napa Valley 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon:
Grilled Australian Lamb with Celery Root Puree, Cumin Mushrooms and Golden Raisins

Dessert
Chocolate Pot de Crème and Maple Caramel Sauce

This is our dinner menu for the annual Marriott Rhodium Elite Members Awards Presentation. We've paired with D.C.wines for this and it is only 750 dollars a person, tax and gratuity not included, so act fast. Dictionaries are available table-side to decode the Chef's attempt to speak an alternative language in preparing the menu.

(Actually this a $75 per person meal being served January 9th 2014 at the Cliff House in La Quinta CA, and it includes both tax and tip!)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
La Quinta, California, USA
  • Re: Our Elite Dinner Menu
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

anadyr,

Wow, this really looks spectacular!

Does Domaine Chandon still have a
    Special  "Club" that you can belong to, if you are a good customer?

They do have wonderful "Medicine"!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I think if you live in CA you can be a member of their club, costs something (am not a member so I can't say). The hold the rights to the french vines since there was a plague, Botritis, I think it was called that killed off the French plants.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Botritis is key to making Sauternes like Yequem

and other sweet wines like Ice Wine, Tokay, etc

True, I actually like the German Trockenbeerenauslese

erc Platinum

Aah, the infamous price perception model known as priming where context matters (our pals at Marriott do that often with multiple AAA prices and their famous, Marriott Elite offer - not to be confused with deal), although unnecessary $75 is a good price. With practically every trendy foodie vegetable offered, I must inquire, "What, no Brussel Sprouts?".

nuhusker and I are sticking to our shrimp and grits and Rudy's BBQ.

The cook is not from Belgium sorry

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Hey er, You bring the BBQ...I'll bring the beer. 

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I'll come along…..  I am tired of great-sounding menu dishes that just don't live up to my culinary taste buds…..  my wife tells me I am just way too picky……...

my ex use to tell me I was 'jaded'

or that I had the princess and the pea syndrome!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You're in, shoeman. 

Sounds great!

Unfortunately allergic to course #1 and course #2 (shellfish allergy)

We can substitute Spam

Spam???

How about caviar???

I like Oesetra best!

Even more than Beluga!

Or how about fois gras?

Foie Gras has been banned in CA, I am not kidding. The geese have revolted and it can no longer be served!

Figures!

One of my ex-bosses use to call California, "The Granola Belt".

Ah well, will need to stick to France, Switzerland and Hungary.

Actually had the best Fois Gras at a restaurant at a little local airstrip (Aérodrome "La Côte) in Switzerland (near Nyon).

We use to play a game at dinner where everyone described their most memorable meal. My Swiss friends described fois gras at this restaurant, so of course I had to try it, and they were right....Very memorable!

The most reasonably priced fois gras can be had in Hungary.  Matter of fact, I think they export to France.

http://www.lsgp.ch/

Le Relais de l'Aérodrome - Welcome - Hotel and Restaurant to Prangins

Gem princess, you'll be pleased to know that top chefs have revolted over this CA nanny state idea.  Now if we could ditch the absolutely stupid idea of a high speed rail line to nowhere from nowhere!

Maybe you need to get Sarah Palin in there.  Isn't she the one that is famous for deep sixing the bridge to nowhere in Alaska?

We need some help when Governor Moonbeam (his nickname) is considered a voice of reason in Sacramento.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

gem   - can you eat bbq or hotdogs??

Isn't a Jade a Gem??  curious…..

yes, Jade is a Gem!

and I can eat BBQ & Hotdogs!

Love them both!!!

p.s. what I really miss are the BBQ Beef Ribs at Victoria Station.  Is that chain still in the DC area?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...